20 days to Mass Effect 2

Absolutely! This is like a very good book or an epic movie. The STORY drives me on. When you have some problems to go on, it´s no sin to get some informations/guides out of the web. For example there is a place, where you can find a dog as a true companion, who´ll never leave your site. I didn´t find the place, so I used a walkthrough guide to find him. Sometimes you need this for complex games like this.

I'll keep that in mind bro. See, I was never a huge gaming nut and usually shyed away from epic games like this, but want to give it a chance. I dig the whole concept though.

-Joe

I'll keep that in mind bro. See, I was never a huge gaming nut and usually shyed away from epic games like this, but want to give it a chance. I dig the whole concept though.

-Joe

Playing games like this is a mighty boredom killer :) It´s worth to go into it! Mass Effect imo is much more difficult with all the options and set ups. It´s good that you choosed Fallout3 first. You´ve got it right, bro! How´s your current progress? Did you leave the first bunker already?

Playing games like this is a mighty boredom killer :) It´s worth to go into it! Mass Effect imo is much more difficult with all the options and set ups. It´s good that you choosed Fallout3 first. You´ve got it right, bro! How´s your current progress? Did you leave the first bunker already?

Yeah, I left the bunker and am in Megaton at the moment. I only played for 1.5 hours or so, not even. I just wanted to scratch the surface and see what it was about.

-Joe

Yeah, I left the bunker and am in Megaton at the moment. I only played for 1.5 hours or so, not even. I just wanted to scratch the surface and see what it was about.

-Joe

If you leave the bunker alive, you are perfectly prepared for the game. So congrats for passing it so far! Haha see, as I played it the first time, I wandered aimlessly around, visiting lonely women in any fucked up villages, after leaving the bunker. At least you´ve found Megaton! :kickass:

after about 20 hours you'll be bored shitless (if you aren't a masochistic downs baby)

after about 20 hours you'll be bored shitless (if you aren't a masochistic downs baby)

Come on, don´t spoil the party, dude. We know, you don´t like the game. For me the game wasn´t any boring for one single second. Maybe it´s a different experience for some others, but the most people I know, love this game.

The biggest trick on Fallout 3 is to boost the "REPAIR" skill and learn how to use it. If you have two or more similar items on your inventory, and you repair skill is high enough, you press Y and you join them together on a single better item. So boosting the repair skill you're indirectly boosting your strenght (less weight to carry), money (more slots to carry with better items to sell), damage (better weapons), armor (better equipment) and durability of your weapons.

Bethesda is now working on Brink, that should be something similar to Fallout 3 : )

Holy shit, really that bad??

It´s not that BAD, but I was expecting so much more specially after playing Mass Effect. It´s kind of average, I would give it a 4/10. The major problem is the combat controls that has no salt at all, but the story is ok.

Damn you Marcus, I knew you would say that hahaha. I'm not huge into RPGs and the like, but this new one looks superawesometime!

-Joe

Dude. I'm not much of (standard) RPG guy either (I fucking hate heavy emphasis on magic spells and having to always buy shit and inventory all my stuff, and don't get me started on turn-based combat..) but Mass Effect fucking OWNS! It's more of an "action rpg". It helps if you are even slightly into sci fi and even sci non-fi (Did I just make that up), but its just a really well rounded game in my opinion. Of course if you HATE loads of dialog in games you might not like it, but the story is just way to cool to skip through. It's only 20 bux so its a low risk investment with potential for epic fun!

EDIT: Should have read the whole thread before I posted, most of what I said was pretty much covered, haha. Keep us posted on Fallout 3, bro. I think I might be somewhat in the same boat as you as far as game preferences, so if you end up really liking Fallout 3 I might have to finally try it out.

Unless you're played Fallout 1 & 2, 3 isn't even worth considering. It's about 10% of the game that the first two were, on a good day. Bingo with Mass Effect when compared to the KOTOR series. In fact you can play just about any Bioware RPG and get the exact same experience. Jade Empire, NWN, NWN 2, KOTOR, KOTOR 2, Mass Effect & Dragon age are all structurally the exact same game, just some are executed with a better setting, story and gameplay mechanic than the others.