Thanks Opeth for stopping in dreaded Oklahoma...home of countless country singers....

Jan 25, 2004
Tulsa, OK
myspace.com
I just wanted to say thanks for coming to oklahoma if anyone from opeth reads this...Me and our friends usually have to drive out of state for real metal concerts. I was very surprised that they added a date in oklahoma city....on another note who is gonna be there?

I was going to be there, but it looks like I am not going to make it. I was so excited about them coming to Oklahoma though..

JoeVice said:
hey man, i know what you go through....i live in nebraska...i will be at the kansas show, if it doesn't get canceled from the snow *prays*

Yeah, that will SUCK if it gets canceled because of the snow, and they're coming here from Denver, the same way the storm is coming from.

yeah...its supposed to snow here like monday ..and the show is wednesday..so yeah....i'll probably cry myself to sleep for the next month if it gets cancelled...but if it doesn't get cancelled..you guys should really try to make down cause we really don't get a lot of good metal bands to come down here and opeth probably won't tour in the us until another year or so...

Hmmmm.... How bad do you all think this storm is going to be? Are the roads in OK usually well taken care of when it snows? Also, if it is cancelled, by what time do you think Opeth.com would have that info up?

If it does get cancelled, post here right away! If the snow isn't horrible, but enough to cancel, I don't want to drive through it for 8 total hours for no reason.

I plan on being at the Oklahoma City show tonight! Of course, it's like 5 minutes from my house, so if it's cancelled due to the snow I don't have that far of a drive back.

Well, I didn't even know for sure if I would be able to make it till yesterday, so I'm hoping I can get tickets at the door. Right now, the snow is really light, so if they cancel cause of this that would be pretty lame.

OKLAHOMA.gif

I'm definitely gonna be there.

Right now it's raining in OKC and the temp is supposed to hover right around 32. Hope the line isn't crazy like it sometimes is at the Diamond Ballroom.

man crazy to see all of you okies on here!
did you guys know i run the only xtreme metal radio station in oklahoma!
log onto www.raptureradio.net
you know as well as i do you are not going to hear any metal on the radio here so log on to your home station rapture radio.
i just sighed a deal with martyr music and soon we will be sellin cd's at rapture dirst ass cheap!
so log on check it out and ppst at the forum as well home to see you sick fukkers at the show tonight!
wes/rapture radio
www.raptureradio.net

Just got back from the show! Totally awesome!!! Opeth freakin' kicked butt. The thing that sucked was that it seemed like the crowd was thinner for Opeth than for Devil Driver! Bunch of teenagers upped and left after DD played. Oh well, their loss. Devil Driver was okay at first, but got really boring the longer they played. Not to mention that the lead singer couldn't say one complete sentence without saying f*ck in it...multiple times. It was kinda like an adjective that preceded every other word. I can understand that people swear every now and then, but geesh, he made a fool out of himself. This is about the music, not about showing how immature you are.

Moonspell was really good. They had a great sound. Seems like they had a pretty good following at the show too. They sound much better live than on their record. My wife even digged these guys. (She hated DD.)

And Opeth...what can I say! Absolutely awesome!! Played many great songs and sounded killer! I can't freakin' believe that some 100 people or so left after "Blackwater Park" and didn't stay for "Demon of the Fall". Must have been all the leftover Devil Driver fans who had never heard of Opeth before. Anyways....fantastic show!!!

Thanks Opeth for coming to Oklahoma!!!! Hope you'll swing through again sometime!

yeah i thought the show was very good as well.i passed out some flyers for rapture radio during devil driver.i didnt hate them or like them they just didnt exist to me because its pointless.they try to be heavy but,eh never mind they dont effect me any.
moonspell was much better than i expected and i really thought they did a good job.
opeth well amazing again yes but did anyone else notice no songs from morningrise?
i was shocked and saddened.
but i got one of peters guitar picks and had fun great show!
so come on no one at all replied to the post about the station i run.
i think it would be awesome to see you guys at the rapture radio forum (located here at the ultimate metal boards as well)and hope you juys check out www.raptureradio.net i cant think of a reason why you wont love it!
wes

I agree dude...Moonspell was really good live. I was also really disappointed that Opeth didn't play anything from the first two albums. I figured they'd at least play Advent. Oh well, better to see what we did instead of no Opeth at all.

I'll check out your radio station man. Thanks for the reminder!

What time did Opeth come on? I'm going to see them in Dallas tonight and can't wait. I plan on missing the two opening acts though - don't know a thing about either of them.

I was lucky enough to see Opeth / Porcupine Tree in Seattle last year, and I'm looking forward to hearing Opeth's harder set this time. I do wish PT was opening though - DAMN great live band!

Well, doors were supposed to open at 8:00, but I got there exactly at 8:00 and everyone was already inside. Devil Driver started like 2 or 3 minutes after I got there. Opeth went on at about 10:15 and played till 11:50. BTW...I wouldn't miss Moonspell if I were you. They will not disappoint!!!