Thanks!

axehomeyg

Jul 20, 2008
www.myspace.com
Just wanted to say thanks to Lance, J-man, Shane, and everyone else involved for running, promoting, and putting on a kickass fest. I love it when festivals feel more like a party. I'm hoping Nightmare Metal Fest can keep growing in the future and retain that vibe!

I second that, Mikey!
T'was a jolly good time! Was fun hanging out with everyone and being introduced to some kickass music.

Theocracy was my favorite of the weekend...love those guys!
And Aetherius were a very nice surprise and I was very impressed with Metavenge....too bad they were having a few technical difficulties. Sometimes it sucks to be the first band, but shit happens, right?
Was looking forward to Halcyon Way from the get-go and they did not disappoint! Although, I must have missed the debut of "The Double Stuff Shuffle". ;)

Six Minute Century were one of my fav's of the weekend, as I was not too familiar with them and had only been introduced to there music through Mp3 clips.

Krucible were great of course! As well as my boys in Sacred Dawn and Mindwarp Chamber!
The new tunes from MWC are AWESOME!!!!!! Seriously, it's incredible. Looking forward to the new album.

Seven Witches, I could not get into, after Jack Frost made the comment "Now it's time for some real Metal" as soon as he got on stage. Arrogant much? I just thought that was very disrespectful to the other bands and didn't pay much attention to 7W afterwards. Sorry.

But all in all a great Fest and I'm glad I went.
It was nice to get away from freezing Chicago for a weekend of Metal in sunny Texas!

The Riverwalk was amazing!
Although, I came to find out the hard way, when they say "Everything is bigger in Texas", they ain't F*ckin' round!
Ha Ha!
No more margarita's for Amber...

Yes, definitely much thanks to Lance. They Fest was a great time and I got introduced to some new stuff. I have not enjoyed a gig that much in years.

I second that, Mikey!

Seven Witches, I could not get into, after Jack Frost made the comment "Now it's time for some real Metal" as soon as he got on stage. Arrogant much? I just thought that was very disrespectful to the other bands and didn't pay much attention to 7W afterwards. Sorry.

You would just have to know Jack.. he didn't mean that disrespectful at all, he just has an... odd.. sense of humor.

lol. I didn't mean it literally. Jack 'Frost' == 'cold', ya know. Haha. I can forgive JF for just about anything, based on his Savatage contributions.

Much thanks to Lance for putting this all together, and everyone else who was involved. I'm just glad I had the chance
to meet Mr. King myself. :D

Oh, I know, I was laughing at the pun... rofl

Colder than Seven Witches teets?
Ha Ha!

lol. I didn't mean it literally. Jack 'Frost' == 'cold', ya know. Haha. I can forgive JF for just about anything, based on his Savatage contributions.

Contributions to Savatage?
All he did was tour with them during the Poets and Madmen tour....then got kicked out of the band.
Ha Ha!

Colder than Seven Witches teets?
Ha Ha!

Contributions to Savatage?
All he did was tour with them during the Poets and Madmen tour....then got kicked out of the band.
Ha Ha!

Damnit, I *thought* he was on the Poets album until just now. Alright, screw Jack Frost with an icicle, he's not my hero anymore. Morphine Child is one of my favorites, I guess I better apologize to Chris Caffery next time I see him, and credit him with the guitar badassitude on that album (it had to be Chris right?).

Ha Ha!
Yeah....t'was Caffery.

Cold sense of humor, personality...whatever.
I still think it was a total one finger salute to everyone there.

Oh, and what about...."This is the way Metal should be played....by MEN!"

Sure....it's a fact....most Metal *is* played by men, but there are a ton of women in Metal and a ton of very talented women musicians and vocalists, as we saw at this Fest.
Not to get all "Rosie, the Riveter" here, but you just don't get up in front of a crowd and say that.

I missed that remark about MEN. What a lame-o. I'm gonna send Jennifer Batten over there to kick him in his frigid nuts. Chicks in metal rock. And I'll bet my bottom dollar that at some point in his career he got more dolled up for a show than a teeny-bopper at a prom.

While I do appreciate the thanks my direction, (because it was a lot of work and moola) I would like to issue my own thanks and kudo's for what became quite a memerable metal party.

Many people for me to thank...
First of all I would like to thank, Sherry for her continued determination against all the hacker attempts working so hard to keep the website up and continuously recreating the site when compromised. John Cheek for helping me with many various details and his generous sponsorship contribution and hanging at the gate so much of the weekend, I would like to thank Texas Beth for all her help with the hotels and for talking me into her band Metavenge, great young talent. Brent and Ian for their assistance all weekend at the Nightmare tables. Chris Salinas for finding the WAREHOUSE venue, helping with receiving packages, airport runs, and finding a sound guy for Saturday and getting posters and fliers out. Penny for her help at the door. Shane our stage manager, and all the rest of the crew, John, Bobby, Drew, Darron for the use of his killer drum kit. The band Aetherius for bringing most of the rest of the backline, and One of Sixx for the second guitar rig. The corporate sponsors, Brave words, RockNation, Intellitouch Tuners, PerfectProg.com, Tom Wylde, Hardradio.com, Robb's Metalworks, Mark and Tim from BWBK, Yvonne, Xfactory, skulleez headgear. Also like to thank Liam for getting posters and fliers out in abundance, really appreciated your efforts on this and cudo's to One of Sixx, Metavenge, several others for getting posters / fliers out on the streets of El Paso, Dallas, Houston, Austin and of course San Antonio.

And of course I would very much like to thank all the bands for making this a great, friendly and the engaging metal party that it was. You all had fantastic sets even the ones with a few technical issues, were very enjoyable.
Bobby thanks for filling the Lunarium hole with SILENCED WITHIN, you guys lit it up, great job.

I'll post a personal recap in a day or two.

I'm going to come down to Kansas and put my right arm with said Judas Priest tattoo into your throat and squeeze until you pass away... rofl.

roflcopter-2.jpg