THAT band in your collection

None... the closest I come are Queensryche (I didn't even buy O:m II), and Marillion. I have some of the Queensryche singles (mainly on vinyl) and a couple of bootlegs, and I have most of Marillion's stuff on CD (I am missing a couple of Fish albums which I'm not fond of), including the remasters of the H-era stuff, and a few vinyl albums and singles, as well as most of their recently released singles on disc. But there really has to be a reason for me to buy the singles other than collectitis. :p I do have a boatload of videos and DVDs from them, but that's probably mainly because I can't see them enough here.

Shaye

I never buy re-releases or remasters. There has to be something good about it for me to get it if I already own it, like different cover art, extra tracks, etc.

Shaye - FYI for you: speaking of Marillion, Fish is playing a solo date here in L.A. on June 10th......but I'm sure you knew that!!!!

Drew ~

I paid $50.00 recently to have the two disc version of From the Gutter to the Stage. Yep, just to have the darned thing! Eventually, I'll get my hands on the Believe compilation as well.

WOW! I didn't know those compilations were worth that much money. FYI, I have Believe, and while it's a fun collector's item, it doesn't have any tracks that aren't available on other, more readily available, discs. It was basically just a cash-in on the Savatage name by their Japanese label. Good luck tracking it down, as well... Zero Records went out of business almost immediately after it was released.

The best Savatage rarity to track down, IMO, if you don't already have it, is Live Devastation. It's a live album that was released as a radio promo in the early 90s, but was never officially released for public sale, and it's also Savatage's best live album ever. The track list is amazing; it has all kinds of material from the early discs that was rarely ever played live, along with many of the more popular songs by the band.

I have all kinds of bootleg DVD's, because the band never officially released any live performances. :rolleyes:

I wouldn't be surprised if the reason for this is that the band stopped touring together before metal DVDs became really popular, and/or they simply don't own the rights to any DVD-quality live material. I've heard a lot of things regarding Savatage and their label problems.

Angrafan, I purchased The Gathering's Mandylion disc this morning. I've never listened to this band up until this point and so far I believe they're my cup of tea. :kickass:

Any other suggestions?

~Brian~

I love them all! :)
The thing about the Gathering is that they've changed a lot through the years... Mandylion is their third album, first with Anneke on vocals... It's their classic album!
Nighttime birds is also in the same style, you will probably like it!!

I'd try to listen to some of the newer stuff before you buy it! I think it's great (even better than Mandylion, IMO) but it's totally different! It might not be for you... on their myspace page there are a few newer songs (Amity, Waking Hour).. give it a try! :)

Used to be AFI until I realized that there is no way I could get all of their stuff without shelling out thousands of dollars...hell, their first ever vinyl was sold on Ebay a few years ago for $3000. Can't afford stuff like that at all. I have all of the studio albums though except for the 2 EPs that were only available in England and were limited to 500 or something like that.

I have everything except for the demo from mewithoutYou and I don't anticipate getting that anytime soon. Haven't ever seen it up on Ebay.

Hmm.... For the following bands I don't have EVERYTHING they've ever done, but I do have a lot...maybe most:

Dream Theater (up until recently)
Ozric Tentacles
Hawkwind (for a time)
Opeth
Devin Townsend
Rush
Therion

For the following bands, I have most or all of their 'normal' output and at least a few oddities or weirditudes thrown in:

Dimmu Borgir (anyone want a 5-lb boat-anchor CD book? :lol: )
The Cruxshadows
Type O Negative
The Changelings
Bella Morte

..and some others; it's getting late... :)

The best Savatage rarity to track down, IMO, if you don't already have it, is Live Devastation.

Yes, I agree and I've had it for several years now. I've heard there are some burned copies of that disc that are sold on ebay from time to time that is a two disc version. I have the actual Metal Blade, single disc, slip sleeve promo that was actually still wraped in plastic when I first bought it. It is a very cool item to own if you're a fan of the band. :kickass:

~Brian~

JEFF SCOTT SOTO - I haven't counted recently but probably have over 125 CD's with him from all his various bands including tribute CD's, soundtracks, singles, promos, DVD's, boxset, bootleg cd's and dvd's and more. I have had the chance of meeting JSS twice, a great guy who was nice enough to sign everything I owned by him. I can't wait to see JSS live at Barfest June 27th.

I don't even have that many BG CDs :p

I've got multiple copies of their LPs and some of their other rare stuff, but I never had (or wanted) the money to invest into all of those different CD releases. It was way too much to keep up with, and I did most of my collecting when I was a student (read: income low). P'raps someday I'll sell off some of the crazy stuff I've accumulated over the years.