That crap Asian gyu from American Idol (She Bangs dude)

Spruce Goose

Then Goose me up woman!
Apr 17, 2001
Sydney
scholar.uws.edu.au~13326874
NEW YORK—*Who needs American Idol?*William Hung*doesn't -- he already has a recording contract.

The singer, who became a fan favorite -- but not a judges' favorite -- during open auditions for the Fox series with his spirited version of*Ricky Martin's *"She Bangs," has signed a deal with Fuse Music Network and Koch Records

Koch Records general manager Alan Grunblatt was even more effusive: "He is the new Elvis!"

Koch is the same record label that Opeth are on :OMG:

Yet another example of where talent has nothing to do with getting contracts.... as long as you've got your gimmick (which in this case is that he is so crap). Makes you wonder sometimes why we even bother

He was pretty funny, but only because he's so very bad. Only thing is, I get the feeling they're making fun of the poor guy. Oh well, if he can make some bucks out of it what's the harm.

I too was thinking of Eric the Eel after watching American Idol on Monday night.

Cool, Opeth and William Hung are labelmates. How cool would *that* tour be? :headbang:

Poor Mr Hung. He doesn't seem to realise that he's crap, but then chicks seem to dig him so he probably isn't worried.

I hope he realises they only signed him because he's awful. Because if he doesn't, he's going to a very depressed young man. Still, he'll have some fun while it lasts. After all, how else is a buck-toothed Asian guy with a heavy accent going to get laid?

I think Queensryche said it best- "I guess Warhol wasn't wrong/Fame 15 minutes long".

It's ridiculous that anyone would sign him to a contract,but he'll fade away very,very quickly.