The 101 Rules of Black metal

another Iced Rule: SUck horribly for your entire career, vomit out one decent album (Something Wicked) and ride that into a sea of shit (Horror Show)

something wicked the only decent one? without the trilogy at the end that album is all suck..

Stormrider is a beast of an album, jon should know he'll never be able to top it.. maybe thats why he wants to re-record it, hahaha.

Actually, he wants to re-record Burnt Offerings because the band sucked dick in the studio and they had to use shitloads of recording tricks to make that album work. It sounds kickass but faked...if they re-recorded it with competent musicianship (and the awesomeness of Richard Christy), it could be a definite classic.

Got more:

16. If you don't follow all of these rules, you are a poser.

17. If someone disagrees with your opinion, they are a poser.

18. Lead guitarists are pussies who can't play rhythm.

19. Real men don't need solos.

20. Everybody likes hearing about the AntiChrist.

21. When in doubt, do a formula ballad.

22. The most important part of a song is the structure, which is such a tenuous concept that you can criticize any song from Master of Puppets to Practice What You Preach to Every Rose Has Its Thorn to some Anal Cunt fifty-second bullshit for being badly structured.

23. If your album fails, it's your record labels fault (no matter how crappy your performances were at the time.)

Again, more later.

Pyrus--I got a couple more, although they aren't written that well.

When your album fails--blame MATT! "Matt wrote half of the lyrics for Horror Show. I wasn't into writing about that stuff."

And! Jon is the rhythm guitarist and the producer, and this explains why the SOLO'S are mixed lower in volume than the rhythm guitar. I see a pattern here.

PS....I would love to see Matt Barlow get a different gig, or at least another side project. Him with the Dimebag and Vinnie side project? I don't know for sure...but it could be cool!