The 3rd Concept Of Opeth

the_3_toed_sloth

Massive member
Aug 3, 2004
Chch, New Zealand
A thought: Mikey-boy said that this next cd is going to do with 'the occult', yet Mike is not into any of that stuff himself (right??)....does that give anyone else the idea that its going to be another concept album?

Given how awesome MAYH and Still Life were, this can only be very, verrrry good news i reckon. I loved Deliverance, dont get me wrong, but i prefer my metal not to really mean anything - pure escapism is what it is for me.

So then heres your chance to tell what you think the coolest idea/storyline for the new album should be...heck, Mikael may even take a gander at this thread some time, gets ideas off you, smirk to himself in that funny swedish way, and put something of your idea IN THE ALBUM! Whoa! (ok, probably not, but wouldn't that rule??)

Liiiike.....what if the infamous Jack Frobar returns from the brink of insanity with a small voodoo priest resembling Hans Moleman to wage war on an unsuspecting Norse hamlet of yodelling viking warriors weilding the power of Valhalla by conjuring up the minions of hell in a all-consuming firestorm from which no being survives except that strange moleman-priest thing who walks away with a smile and a glint in his eye...OR maybe something much better!

What would be cool?

If you watched the DVD, Mike said that he was thinking of doing a concept again, so it's pretty sure I think. As for an idea, I really wouldn't know.

Hows about, Satan rises in the age of man and challenges Opeth to a game, a game to save all of humanity, a game unmatched in brutality, the game to end all games....BADMINTION, Opeth have to take on Satans badmintion team, and it follows the struggle of man vs satan in all out helltacular satan-badminton-mega-match, where blood will be shed on the open fields of Sweden.

they should do an album on the continuing adventures of the Dude...perhaps featuring Donnie's return from the land of the dead.
it would really bring the room together.

Team Satan vs Team Opeth in DEATH BADMITON OF DOOM!

The shuttlecock will be tipped with a warhead that, upon contact with the ground, shall explode.

and the raquets will be on fire!!!

Corpse paint as standard uniform

And death metal to replace the uneasy silence of regular matches.

The Referee? Ozzy.

That way, nobody will understand what the fuck Ozzy says, which will mean everything goes!!! Full contact badmiton!!!

\m/

Wasn't Mike going to include Pagans in the concept or something, Maybe I'm just making this up I dunno

daimonion said:
I bet the story will be set in medieval times.

Hopefully! that would be fucking cool, Opeths music is very Medievil thats why I love it

daimonion said:
I bet the story will be set in medieval times.

They had badminton back in medieval days?!?

ps. Please dont talk about Ozzy and Opeth in the same sentence....if i want to talk about drooling incontinent old folk who dont shut the hell up, ill go to work