The 700 Club

S4R

gooey
Sep 7, 2001
.il.us
I want to tell people about a television show that always gives me a nice chuckle. I do not know if it is elsewhere, but here in the states we have CBN (Christian Broadcasting Network), personally I think it's NBC for the dyslexic religious types, but let us bypass the insults ;). CBN has a wonderful show called The 700 Club, usually hosted by our good buddy Pat Robertson. The reason I bring this up is that I laugh my ass off whenever I watch the show because of the obvious bias and misinformed ideas they try to express. Yesterday, they were doing there usual bashing (and it is bashing) of gays. Robertson was saying that god said that one sign of the apocalypse was when men begin to lie in bed with other men and women with other women. Anyway, here is where I chuckled. He warned us (with his masterful analogy) that the Roman Empire fell because of homosexuality; the Romans became caught up in "sin." Granted that is a paraphrase but it was clear that is what he was saying. Suffice to say I was sad because people actually believe such nonsense. Then they had a piece on a man named Emanuel from Sudan who is adopted by an American family when he is a boy. They say Emanuel was oppressed but has now found peace in god in the United States. As I watch I have to laugh because it is quite obvious Emanuel did not find god himself; he was brainwashed into believing in god when he was young (sorry to state the obvious). I am well aware that they have a right to free speech, but I am also well aware that I have the right (duty? :D ) to poke fun at them. Therefore, if you ever want good laughs turn on The 700 Club. I promise you will be entertained.

P.S. My goal is not to start another forty-page religion thread; I just want you all to watch this show, I find hilarious.

I've heard of that show. That's the same show on which Rev. Jerry Fallwell appeared and publically pronounced that it's the gays, the feminists, and the abortionists fault that the events of Sept 11th happened because they "made God mad".

Of course the host completely agreed with him. I didn't know whether to laugh or to go down to their station and beat the shit out of them.

I caught half an episode , by accident, several years ago where they were warning parents to not buy certain bands music for their kids...or let them buy it for that matter. They were showing how some bands were devil worshippers, promoting murder, suicide, etc. They were showing how bands like NIN, STP, Pantera, Metallica, Megadeth, ozzy, Slayer, and a bunch more were intentionally sending ideas through metaphors and subliminal messaging. The usual religious Bullshit.

Yea, 700 Club is pretty typical right-wing red-neck mind-fucked religious programming.

I also find it sad how they spread their hate-filled and entirely counter-productive propoganda which is directed at the intellectually challenged who lack the ability to actually question what they are being fed.

I think Jerry Fallwell needs a 12 incher rammed up his ass repeatedly for his shameful and hateful bullshit. Dumb cunt. How do people this whacked ever get on TV? I can't understand it, I would like to believe that humans are generally intelligent and reasonable but I haven't been given very many reasons to think that this is NOT the case. I don't know what's worse, some silly allah-fucking afghans flying planes into buildings, or this Fallwell idiot using their stupid act of terror to take hate-shots at gays and pro-choicers. What is this world coming to? It's almost 2002 for fuck's sake, I figured we'd be light years past this archiac bullshit by now.. but in the minds of the taliban, Fallwell, and Robertson, it's still the fucking middle ages. How sad. They have my most sincere pity (one I get past my disgust of them, that is).

Satori