The Abortion (that is this) Thread

Einherjar86

Jan 15, 2008
The Ivory Tower
Complying with Zeph's wishes.

You believe that life begins at conception. Why is the life of the fetus more important than the life of the woman?

Not really the best angle for this argument. Its not like the majority of abortions are due to health complications - especially the abortions PP was in the business of doing.

I wasn't trying to insinuate that the majority of abortions were due to health complications. I'm merely suggesting that quality of life is something to consider, and if an unwanted pregnancy will seriously threaten the quality of life for the woman (before and after the child is born) then why place more value on the unborn life than on the extant one?

EDIT: To be honest, depending on how crazy/extended this gets, maybe it should just go in Dakryn's Crazy Batshit thread. I don't know how involved people intend to go with this, and I admit that I'm not entirely committed to a full-fledged argument. In that sense, I feel bad cluttering the forum with threads for debate on individual topics.

Yeah TB probably cares way more than anyone else here. I don't think that abortion qua abortion is universally wrong, but it's definitely not a "best practice".

I'm still baffled how two adults can mistakenly conceive, what with all the preventative measures. Good god man, at least pull out!

That being said, abortion should be a woman's choice, period end. No one, not the father, the woman's parents, old white Republican men (who ironically, believe in less gov't interference) should have a say.

i am pro abortion and think more babies should be aborted.

i will even take it a step further and say poor families should be forced to abort,

and additional welfare for more children stopped.

i also don't care at what stage of the pregnancy and what method it's done.

i am pro abortion and think more babies should be aborted.

i will even take it a step further and say poor families should be forced to abort,

and additional welfare for more children stopped.

i also don't care at what stage of the pregnancy and what method it's done.

I think arg should be aborted

As I said in another thread, all human life is inherently worthless in my view, but it's the mother's decision whether or not to endow a potential new life with any worth in her eyes.

the society that the baby will leech off of should also have a say.

But what worth do you have on a grand scale? Justify your existence aug because it's no better than a baby's and chances are society would take a baby over some fanny pack wearing fanny licker.

And? people die every day. what difference does a few fetuses make. im not saying you should abort late into pregnancy but to care about a barely developed shell, its borderline retarded

As I said in another thread, all human life is inherently worthless in my view, but it's the mother's decision whether or not to endow a potential new life with any worth in her eyes.

Well said.

I'm surprised TB hasn't clogged this thread up yet with stupid memes and rants.