The ACTUAL Anthrax/ Revovler Magazine Article

"The group blasts through songs it has hardly touched in more than a decade..."
:err: WTF

This article sure makes it obvious who wears the pants in this band

I think that was a good, honest article. There were a lot of revelations in there too.

1. Spitz and Frank didn't want Joey sent packing. Interesting.

2. Spitz was to a greater or lesser degree involved in Stomp442 before being let go at the last minute. Could that be why his guitar tech Paul Crook came out of nowhere and did half the solos on the record?

3. Charlie had been thinking about reuniting the band for a long time?

4. I wonder who Frankie punched out to get fired from the band?

5. Etc., etc.

Rozy157 said:
Spitz was to a greater or lesser degree involved in Stomp442 before being let go at the last minute. Could that be why his guitar tech Paul Crook came out of nowhere and did half the solos on the record?

Paul Crook hadn't been his guitar tech for a while when that took place. Paul had been doing his own thing and playing in Belladonna. (He was also tech for some other guitarists, including Kerry King I believe.)

Rozy157 said:
I think that was a good, honest article. There were a lot of revelations in there too.

2. Spitz was to a greater or lesser degree involved in Stomp442 before being let go at the last minute. Could that be why his guitar tech Paul Crook came out of nowhere and did half the solos on the record?

5. Etc., etc.

Answer to question 4.

Neil Turbin

Rozy157 said:

5. Etc., etc.

1) was surprised about Frank too, I knew about Danny, 2) I don't think Paul was his tech even on SOWN, but he's in PoT credits, 3) it was Charlie's idea to do a joint tour in 1999, 4) Charlie.

What I learned from the article was that: Charlie questions Joey's abilities to participate on the record and Danny suffers from mental illness (old news for those who have read his infamous 20 Questions). Good luck in studio and try your best not to kill each other please.

ZeeZooZum said:
Thanks a lot man! Not a flattering article to be sure, and one that makes me doubt how long the "reunion" can last. Charlie certaintly doesn't seem to have much respect for Joey based on that comment about confidence/ talent. Still, it does confirm that the band, as Scott has said, doesn't know what will happen in the future.

Definalty. This whole thing gets weirder.

Metal Thrashing Mark said:
I find it very hard to believe that WCFYA only sold 64,500.

Me too, in europe (especially germany & austria) mags wrote great reviews, many interviews (ANTHRAX is back!) etc. and in polls, as I remember, WCFYA was allways under the best 10 albums of the year. Even some friends bought WCFYA as their first 'Thrax cd.

By the way: I didn't read ANYTHING about Alive 2 in any german mag.
(maybe I missed an article, but I read a lot....) Strange.

Thanx 4 the article!

freakbrother6969 said:
Me too, in europe (especially germany & austria) mags wrote great reviews, many interviews (ANTHRAX is back!) etc. and in polls, as I remember, WCFYA was allways under the best 10 albums of the year. Even some friends bought WCFYA as their first 'Thrax cd.

By the way: I didn't read ANYTHING about Alive 2 in any german mag.
(maybe I missed an article, but I read a lot....) Strange.

Thanx 4 the article!

64,500 is probably the domestic USA Soundscan isn't it? I thought that didn't count worldwide sales.