the "admit to something you are pretty much in denial about otherwise" thread

Originally posted by BigFakeSmile
i will not go out with someone less cool than me...
i totally have this going on at work. there's a guy in the cube next to me that i went to a hockey game with because my gf had to work and i'm new in town and don't really have any friends here yet. but then last week he asked me and my gf to hang out with him and his gf and i was all hesitant. he's a big dork, like to an annoying point- but he's a nice guy. so we were gonna go, but gf got sick and didn't feel like going so we cancelled at the last minute. i felt really bad, like we were skipping out, but she was actually sick- i just wanted to go and not have him think we skipped out on purpose, but i'm also not real keen on being friends with him- have to work with him on several projects and i see him all day anyway.
i feel really bad, like i led him on by going to the game or some crap. how gay is that. but what i'm in denial about is that i'm a cool snob.

sprought.jpg

my coworkers tried to get me to join them for a party tonight. luckily I already had plans.

I mean, they're ok to work with n everything, but hanging out after hours is TOTALLY different.

did anybody see that episode of cribs where ian robinson (like, who cares about his 'crib'?) made fun of lars? that was special

I somehow got suckered into attending the office party after work which blows. And I wouldn't really give a rats ass about Metallica except the fact they keep effin with internet music, which really pisses me off.

im really sorry for bringing up metallica at all... someone was talking to me about them online. im really sorry. i only like elite gay swedish metal now anyway.

instead of talking metal, we could talk about annoying opposite-sex friends who get all offended if you dont act like you are dating when you are together

- i don't think about sex as much as i probably should.

- i'm really kind of height-challenged.

- i seriously, seriously like fleetwood mac. there are personal reasons behind the denial.

- i seriously, seriously like alice in chains. there is no excuse for this.

see prep, i could fuel this thread with about 15 more posts, at least.

i'd say like, two months ago i was in denial of the fact that my job mocks my intelligence on a daily basis and life is essentially fruitless for me at this point and my existence is a series of repetitive automatonic actions. then i had a brief psychotic episode and things are looking up.

i am currently in denial of the fact that my grandmother is a valium addict and it's not normal for 80 year old grammas to call you at work crying about alcohol.

i would like to publicly refute goatschool on his problems. fleetwood mac IS GOOD. her voice is amazing. alice in chains? dude i like stp? we rule.
also, nick may be smaller than most guys but he's cuter and smarter so whatever.

(p.s. humans should think about sex at least once an hour. so like, get on that)

i have this friend, and he like-likes me, and i dont like-like him, and he knows this... and he got all offended because we went to a concert together and i didnt act like his date and i didnt want to stand real close and i ran off to talk to that hottie from shadows fall... then he was like "maybe we shouldnt go to concerts together... we have more fun when we arent at concerts"