The Agonist, Melodic Deathcore?

Chimaera

Oct 28, 2009
Scotland
I think this band is awesome but I always see them classed as Metalcore/ Melodic Death Metal. Deathcore is defined by a combination of Metalcore and Death Metal so what I want to know is, is The Agonist the world's only Melodic Deathcore band.

If you haven't heard them before, here's one of their songs.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Wc47tq6NsA&feature=related[/ame]

P.S. The singer is freakin hot, wouldn't you agree?:loco:

I call them the crap that managed to buzzkill an entire Chicago crowd between Cellador and Sonata Arctica when I was there.

Whatever you think of my tastes, that is not a bill designed to make them new fans.

I'll admit, if you're into the puking vocals (and everyone else here seems to be), that girl can do some pretty ridiculous things with her voice.

First off, grow some testicles, faggot.

Done. Still hate puke vocals. :lol:

But even growly bands can be entertaining in their way. Daath gave a great show, and the instrumental work was terrific. The Agonist doesn't even impress there. :/ I've never seen so many looks of "what the fuck" in one place at a time.

I may not get death metal, but I get American "metal" even less.

I officially despise anyone who listens to this band.

Thanks for introducing me to them. Now I can avoid anyone who mentions this band like the plague.

That chick has one extreme voice. Million times better then all those goth\opera\pop sluts out there. Shes even descent looking. Haven't heard too much of them, but what Ive heard is allright so far, will look more into them. But by genre they are: Melodic Metalcore.

That chick has one extreme voice. Million times better then all those gothoperapop sluts out there. Shes even descent looking. Haven't heard too much of them, but what Ive heard is allright so far, will look more into them. But by genre they are: Melodic Metalcore.

Thankyou for your intelligent answer.

You too Metal Wrath.