Quite possibly the worst thing I've ever seen.

EffigyForgotten

New Metal Member
May 22, 2012
Minas Morgul
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ReGPgIkf4UM&lc=_i61yC8CHMPhMhLbXN07oqHbwNIbxqS1XXFdLxPXi7g&featur[/ame]

Seriously though, what in the flying fuck was that? Forget all the screamo/deathcore bullshit, this is by far the gayest metal related thing I've ever seen...

I don't get it, what's the problem? Sure dress kind of silly and their last few albums kind of suck but they have some pretty killer early albums. Hating on CoF got old years ago bro.

I don't get it, what's the problem? Sure dress kind of silly and their last few albums kind of suck but they have some pretty killer early albums. Hating on CoF got old years ago bro.
Honestly I had no idea this band existed... I read they were black metal and decided to check them out... I very much regret that decision...

They used to be black metal approved around the release of their first (and maybe second) albums. You can probably still enjoy those without compromising your tr00ness.

I like Vempire, Dusk and Cruelty. Midian had its moments also. Saw them live in late 2001 - really bad concert. I rarely listen to them anymore but I do still enjoy the older stuff they put out.

Its not about being "true" to metal or any of that bullshit, this band just sucks period. I mean seriously WHAT THE FUCK is a fucking midget doing running around the stage dressed like a fucking devil?

Black metal meets nu-metal. I agree, it sucks. I'm not familiar enough with their early material to say anything about it, but if it evolved into that... well, something must have gone seriously fucking wrong.

Its not about being "true" to metal or any of that bullshit, this band just sucks period. I mean seriously WHAT THE FUCK is a fucking midget doing running around the stage dressed like a fucking devil?

You just admitted you didn't even know the band existed until you saw that live video, which I highly doubt you even watched in its entirety. Don't be silly and judge a band based on nothing. Vempire, Dusk, Cruelty, and to a lesser extent Midian, are all fucking awesome. So like, you know, do your homework better before making absolute claims.

You just admitted you didn't even know the band existed until you saw that live video, which I highly doubt you even watched in its entirety. Don't be silly and judge a band based on nothing. Vempire, Dusk, Cruelty, and to a lesser extent Midian, are all fucking awesome. So like, you know, do your homework better before making absolute claims.
Well i'm saying the band SUCKS, I didn't say they sucked 10 years ago, i'm saying that vid that I watched sucked. (it was in my suggestions box for like 2 weeks so I finally decided to watch it after looking them up

Black metal meets nu-metal. I agree, it sucks. I'm not familiar enough with their early material to say anything about it, but if it evolved into that... well, something must have gone seriously fucking wrong.

What is nu-metal about it? CoF were a black metal band and they still borrow from the genre as far as I know (havent listened to new stuff from them in years) but I dont hear any nu-metal in there.

What is nu-metal about it? CoF were a black metal band and they still borrow from the genre as far as I know (havent listened to new stuff from them in years) but I dont hear any nu-metal in there.
It's not so much in the sound, it's more in their attitude on stage, and those ugly multicolored dreadlocks on the volcalist. Now, I'm not overly familiar with CoF, but I'm sure whatever music they created before this was conciderably more black metal than that crap they produced in that live clip.

It's not so much in the sound, it's more in their attitude on stage, and those ugly multicolored dreadlocks on the volcalist. Now, I'm not overly familiar with CoF, but I'm sure whatever music they created before this was conciderably more black metal than that crap they produced in that live clip.
Exactly, it seems like all popular "metal" get attention for what the members look like/wear etc and lots of people don't give a fuck about the actual music, Marilyn Manson for example...

I know 3 girls that listen to Bring me the horizon JUST because they think their sexy...

yeah, those fucken negro homos with their fucken colored dreadlocks, don't they realize that we only care about the music?

Cradle of Filth is really funny. And even the the songs are fun to listen to on that live clip. Just don't take it too seriously. If you want something to cringe upon, let me introduce you to this:

Last edited by a moderator:
Well i'm saying the band SUCKS, I didn't say they sucked 10 years ago, i'm saying that vid that I watched sucked. (it was in my suggestions box for like 2 weeks so I finally decided to watch it after looking them up

You're saying "the band sucks" based on a crappy video of a live show that was after their prime. That's like saying a restaurant sucks because the steak you ate out of the dumpster behind it tasted like shit.

They used to be black metal approved around the release of their first (and maybe second) albums. You can probably still enjoy those without compromising your tr00ness.

They were never really black metal though. There was never a time when you'd hear Cradle and go "oh man is this Immortal???" And they never called themselves black metal. It was purely an imagery thing that got them lumped together.

Also, fuck the "trve" bullshit, Cradle was awesome all the way up through Nymphetamine. I'm gonna listen to Midian right now I think.

They were never really black metal though. There was never a time when you'd hear Cradle and go "oh man is this Immortal???" And they never called themselves black metal. It was purely an imagery thing that got them lumped together.

Also, fuck the "trve" bullshit, Cradle was awesome all the way up through Nymphetamine. I'm gonna listen to Midian right now I think.
Trve? I said in this thread that I wanted to check the band out after watching a bunch of videos and kept seeing that vid in the suggestions box and read that they were black metal, and honestly nothing in that video would make me ever want to check out anything else by them, I mean come on if its the WORST thing I've ever seen its pretty obvious I have no desire what shitfest albums they put out