The "Alive In Athens" Appreciation Thread

Pyrus said:
Nick - you'd think someone who talks about how underrated Owens is would know who Winters Bane is. ;) They're a power metal outfit from Ohio. Tim sang on their first release, 1993's Heart of A Killer, before being asked to join Priest. Very good album.
I was judging him solely based on his Iced Earth performance. I found his work with Priest to be boring. I'll check out Winters Bane, though.

On the contrary, I find much of Priest's work boring.

The only albums I got anything out of were British Steel, Screaming For Vengeance, and Painkiller.

I'll tell you something: Alive In Athens is THE best live album ever, and it's all you need by Iced Earth. Once you hear their studio albums, you love them, but then once you hear Alive In Athens you'll never go back. It's essentially the only album by Iced Earth that you need. It's really THAT good.

somnium in tenebris said:
People from Athens are like sheep :puke: just following what is in the magizine advertising.Such a macho metal band sucks.It sure is a mans world :puke: men taking advantage of the Greek nation and taking food from our mouths.Slaves of USA :puke:
WTF?

somnium in tenebris said:
People from Athens are like sheep :puke: just following what is in the magizine advertising.Such a macho metal band sucks.It sure is a mans world :puke: men taking advantage of the Greek nation and taking food from our mouths.Slaves of USA :puke:

What the shit is ?

SpiritCrusherX said:
I'll tell you something: Alive In Athens is THE best live album ever, and it's all you need by Iced Earth. Once you hear their studio albums, you love them, but then once you hear Alive In Athens you'll never go back. It's essentially the only album by Iced Earth that you need. It's really THAT good.
Agreed, but Rock In Rio is the best live album for me.