the amen corner 4:19-6:34

Morgour

Knight of Gondor
Nov 6, 2002
mercia
Visit site
fuck me, that is one evil and intense peice of music, jesus christ, its fucking amazing.

i have just been slain by opeth.

that has to be some of the most amazing songwriting ive ever heard in my life.

fuck :headbang:

That entire song is incredibly slayful, and one of Opeth's most evil-sounding. My Arms Your Hearse is full of amazingly dark riffs which never fail to give me chills/joygasms. I think that album and that song have a superbly atmospheric mood.
Personally, I adore the intro and outro to The Amen Corner especially. But yes, my favourite bit (possibly from the whole album) is 'The celestial touch....From grey to black.....'
Incredible.

MAYH hasn't left my cd player for 5 days, i soooo underestimated this album, but now i think its my fav... right fucking up there with still life, if not better... EVERY SONG IN THAT ALBUM IS A MASTERPIECE... i love it

A lot of people don't give MAYH enough of a chance, I think. Out of all the Opeth albums, it took me longest to get into, but now it stands as my joint favourite with Morningrise.

you're right, speaking personally, i never gave MAYH a fair chance, i listened to still life and blackwater park a lot more, but this past week... damn..

yeah mayh took along time to get into for me aswell, but i can say without i doubt its my fave opeth album, its just so atmopheric and dark, i love every single second, its completely perfect, i would say its there best album.

Yeah The Amen Corner is an amazing song. I made a thread about it some time ago indicating how much I liked the song, and I still feel the same way about it to this very day. I especially like the last half of it, and that acoustic piece at the half point is amazing in my opinion, of course its not the most technical acoustic piece but it just sounds really good and thats what counts above everthing.

All in all My Arms Your Hearse is a spectacular album, like many here I didn't like it to much back when it was released, I was actually disapointed with it and I went on feeling that way about it for like almost two years! Until finally one day it just hit me and realized how great it was, and since then I've been addicted to it. This is one album that I just can not get bored of for some damn reason. The only Opeth albums that do bore me at times are Moringrise and Orchid but there still damn good on those occasions when I listen to them.

Anyway, like I said The Amen Corner is kick-ass and has I nice atmosphere, this is one song that I would live to hear in a live setting!:)

:cool:

Weird man. I have been thinking about that exact part in the song all week and realizing how I always overlooked that song. Now everytime when that part comes on the the CD player gets turned uptwice as load. That part has mucho feeling. Damn, gotta hear it now!!!