Keyboard part in The Lotus Eater

Slaydon

Jul 28, 2008
right outside Oslo, Norway
Thats one of the most amazing keyboard parts I ever heard in metal! The one that begins just before the 6-minute mark. Bravo Per, you maestro!:worship: I read one critic say that that section reminded him of Miles Davis. That just goes to show how far Opeth have developed musically. Just as you thought they couldn't go any further after GR, they take it yet another notch further!:kickass:

i really like the use of the keyboards on the whole album its much more prevalent then it was on GR i really love the keyboard solo in Burden also

Thats one of the most amazing keyboard parts I ever heard in metal! The one that begins just before the 6-minute mark.

I think it's a cool part, but saying that it is one of the most amazing keyboard part in metal is not knowing metal at all. I know it's about taste, but there is nothing so exciting about that part compared to so many other songs from other bands... however, the solo from Burden is genius.

I think it's a cool part, but saying that it is one of the most amazing keyboard part in metal is not knowing metal at all. I know it's about taste, but there is nothing so exciting about that part compared to so many other songs from other bands... however, the solo from Burden is genius.

Agreed! Burden is really Per's light to shine.

Sometimes simple melodies can be amazing and exciting.

I really like the key board part in question.

I owe textures and opeth for broadening my thoughts on keyboard.
Before i heard both of these, i hated keyboards + Synth. (you can blame Children of bodom, In flames, and bleeding through)