"The Amen Corner" live

x_OPETH_x

Feb 12, 2003
Boston, MA
www.myspace.com
quick question....those of you that have recently seen Opeth,

do they do any sort of intro to this song? i'd love to hear Madrigal and The Amen Corner played together...the way it was meant to sound.

no intro. at least not in towson. they just started right in on it. it still sounded awesome, tho.

no intro at chicago. but it did kick ass live though, as well as on the album.

No Madrigal unfortunately, but funny Amen Corner moment for me in Rhode Island...

I'm singing along and I notice that this guy just to my left is also singing along, and that we're the only ones in the immediate area to be singing. All of the remaining noobs are just standing there waiting for TGC, kinda nodding along and generally looking uncomfortable. So, the "eerie circles" part comes up, and the other guy and I look at each other and say it, and start laughing our asses off. Everyone's looking at us like - wtf are they on?

I guess you had to be there.

Anyway, TAC was the highlight of the show for me, personally.

wwallinga said:
No Madrigal unfortunately, but funny Amen Corner moment for me in Rhode Island...

I'm singing along and I notice that this guy just to my left is also singing along, and that we're the only ones in the immediate area to be singing. All of the remaining noobs are just standing there waiting for TGC, kinda nodding along and generally looking uncomfortable. So, the "eerie circles" part comes up, and the other guy and I look at each other and say it, and start laughing our asses off. Everyone's looking at us like - wtf are they on?

I guess you had to be there.

Anyway, TAC was the highlight of the show for me, personally.

Haha, holy shit, that might have been me. If not, I did that with someone else. Mike skipped over it while me and some other dude were singing along then started laughing. It was amazing.

But yeah, there were a bunch of kids that just kind of stood there, and I was rocking the fuck out. That is right, the fuck, it was being rocked out.

Haha, holy shit, that might have been me. If not, I did that with someone else. Mike skipped over it while me and some other dude were singing along then started laughing. It was amazing.

But yeah, there were a bunch of kids that just kind of stood there, and I was rocking the fuck out. That is right, the fuck, it was being rocked out.

Well - I was near the front and toward the middle. I was wearing a black shirt with two horizontal red stripes. And I have short hair. The other guy looked younger and had long blond hair.

- (e^(i*pi))

1?

The Amen Corner was the first Opeth song I ever heard. When they started into it at Towson I almost crapped my pants. :headbang:

oh yeah - looks like I have good company above :)

wwallinga said:
Well - I was near the front and toward the middle. I was wearing a black shirt with two horizontal red stripes. And I have short hair. The other guy looked younger and had long blond hair.

Nope, not me. I have short (well, shaggy) brown hair, was wearing a Bloodbath tee-shirt, and front towards the left side. Oh well, I guess I shared the moment with some other crazy bastard. It was awesome, nonetheless.