'The Animation Of Entomology' is finally here but no Itunes or Amazon or Cdbaby

zlogdan

OLD metal head
Sep 16, 2005
Brazil
zlogdan.blogspot.com
Hey Ron, that is great, cannot wait to hear it.

However I went to cdbaby.com and there is no download option to buy 'The Animation Of Entomology' EP.

Sadly, neither Amazon nor Itunes sell to Brazil, in fact only cdbaby and mindawn and bandscape sell digital media to Brazil. Of course, I rather prefer actual cds, but the costs sometimes for shipping are too high. Also, we are currently facing a strike in the mail company which might delay the delivery.

Anyway, Amazon, emusic and Itunes have told me that they cannot sell digital media to Brazil because "labels" do not allow it. Sometimes, I buy cds from Amazon that cost less than the price charged to send through regular mail.

We are paying more to buy cds and in the future if the physical media disappears, and if the labels persist with this narrow mentality, possibly we will see our access to good music limited even more than now.

No news about cdbaby right ? I have been thinking of why most digital media stores, emusic, itunes, amazon etc do not sell to Brazil or South America.

Also, given the fact that cds cost more here and we have to import - not even including the fact that the costs for shipping are sometimes higher than the cd price it self, buying digital media sounds good given the fact that it is that or not listening to a particular album . Buying imports from local stores is very expensive. Local digital media ? Only wma with DRM.

Yes, zlogdan is right. The same happens here in Argentina, no store seems to be selling electronic music. And buying actual CDs can be somewhat cumbersome and risky. Sometimes shipments are lost or stealed and the process gets even more complicated.

Fortunately, today my Animation Of Entomology CD arrived in perfect conditions and in time (I bought it at Amazon). It seems that they are sending the packages without any "amazon" signature, so that probabilities of getting stolen in the way are lower now.

Guess what ? There is a Brazilian Itunes now, but they DO NOT SELL the latest Blotted Science EP. I have ordered John Arch's "A Twist Of Fate" 4 months ago and still this cd has not arrived. To be fully honest, I don't even know why Jarzombek does not even care to respond this post.

Honestly, I have just sold all my Spastic Ink, Jarzombek and Blotted Science cds. Obviously I will miss the excellent playing of Bob and Pete. I still kept my Watchtower cd as I really like Rick and Doug keyser playing!