Am I the only one here that still buys only CDs??

You're pirating material you don't own or have rights to, at least have the decency to take it to email.
Purely theoretical question - if Primal is just trading live shows, what's the difference between his/her post looking for trades, and the people that post live YouTube videos and/or links to said YT videos? I understand the legal side, but functionally speaking, it seems no different from linking to live videos on YouTube which goes on a lot around here (obviously excluding live videos filmed at PPUSA, which are known to be against the rules).

I'm not trying to start a pissing match, and if Glenn/Jen were to delete Primal's post for various reasons, I'd neither care, nor complain, but I think your reasoning for jumping down Primal's throat is a bit specious.

How do you guys catalog all this stuff???

Well, I started when I owned about 70 CDs, with the assumption that I would be buying more, and the longer I waited, the bigger pain it would be to index it all later. Anytime I get a new one, it goes on the list, and it's just expanded from the original .doc. I don't have an online public database like others here, it's all in a Google doc now so a hard drive crash won't erase it. I don't think I could live with the possibility of re-entering every single god damn one from scratch.

I make multiple backups of mine. Even if I could manage to get all my music in one place. Then manage to have the time to rip it all, it still wouldn't be as bad as having to go back and tag it all, find album art, etc.

There is no automatic tool that always does it right. Lots of the databases out there that various programs use are not always correct, get tracks wrong, the genre wrong, etc. I'm pretty type-A about having my music correct, so even if I can get some of it done for me, I still have a lot of work to do by hand.

(which these days I can't even read, the printing's so small!)

^^^ This.

And it especially sucks when you are 44 and doggedly determined to avoid purchasing bifocals.

I still continue to buy physical CDs, though, probably more out of habit than anything else...

I still only buy CDs, and it can be frustrating, as many are too expensive (strict imports), and a lot of albums aren't available on CD. The new Auvernia for example, or debuts from Tellus Requiem, Kattah, Mindfields Factory and Oceans of Time, for other prog/power examples...
:bah:

I hope it doesn't get even harder over the next few years, as I have absolutely no intention of ever downloading.
:Spin:

Luckily a few of the reviewers at Metal CD Ratings download so we're still able to cover almost everything we'd want to, but for me personally, I get frustrated sometimes searching for CDs.
:loco: