There can be only one!

Can I third the Eternity X?

I'm always looking for a copy of The Edge but have yet to find one. I found Zodiac but that album isn't all that hot... certainly not Edge quality.

If it were just my show (i.e., Glenn was putting it on for me, and others can drop by if they want) I'd say a Mutha's Day Out reunion show, because I knew them back when they were about to break big, became friends with 'em, and then they broke up. It'd be nice to see them again. They were amazingly young when they were signed (to Chrysalis) and touring; the bassist was 16 or 17. :yow:

But meanwhile, back in reality :), I'd go with an all-Ayreon show, with as many guest performers as could be assembled for it. Bruce Dickinson, James Labrie, Mikael Akerfeldt, Fish, Devin Townsend, Devon Graves, Mike Baker (see, there's the Shadow Gallery connection :))..... ALL of 'em.

It would be a long show...with a few intermissions....and worth a Gold Badge price in itself.

Mephistopheles said:
Can I third the Eternity X?

I'm always looking for a copy of The Edge but have yet to find one. I found Zodiac but that album isn't all that hot... certainly not Edge quality.

If you go to the Eternity X site and e-mail Keith, he will mail you a copy of The Edge :)

Bear said:
Shadow Gallery

and yeah I know, I know I know... These dudes needs to play the fest once in their lives before they pass into the netherworlda and are forgotten.

Bear

I could not agree more with Bear here. Shadow Gallery would be my choice.

I like the Ayreon and Conception suggestions too, though.

Kez

Bad Girl Tess said:
If you go to the Eternity X site and e-mail Keith, he will mail you a copy of The Edge :)

I went to the site just now and it looks like at Keith's new site he has the albums for sale. so he probably wouldn't just mail one out to me. but at least I know where I can buy them now.

And can I add a new band...

Anathema! I don't like their old doomy stuff but their new stuff is incredible. I would kill to see them do A Natural Disaster and A Fine Day To Exit Live. Don't really fit ProgPower so much though...

Mephistopheles said:
I went to the site just now and it looks like at Keith's new site he has the albums for sale. so he probably wouldn't just mail one out to me. but at least I know where I can buy them now.

Yah, that's what I meant. Didn't mean to imply he'd send one for free ;) Sorry!

I pretty much agree w/Bryant. I saw Accept on BALLS TO THE WALL and METAL HEART and Sabbath on HEAVEN AND HELL so I'd have to go with an act I haven't seen before. Metal Church with Howe or Saxon, a tossup.

Ayreon. No question about it. Playing "Into the Electric Castle", Star One's "Space Metal", "Universal Migrator" I and II, and "The Human Equation", all in their entirety, with all the guests.

......yes, I AM aware that would be like fifteen hours of music and bankrupt Glenn trying to get everyone here, but hey, we're dreaming, right?

cheers,
Phil

I have to agree with those who have mentioned getting everyone who's ever been on an Ayreon album to come and play the entire catalog. But, since we're dreaming, I'd have to add that they should have an unlimited lighting, audio and visual budget so that we can experience the music properly. :D

--Mike