Best of ProgPower

lady_space said:
Interesting... out of 13 lists submitted so far, Tad Morose appears on 9, SymX on 8, Mercenary on 7, Edguy on 6, and tied at 5 are Evergrey, Nightwish, Pagans Mind, Silent Force, and Threshold.

Yes, I'm at work and tired of a, doing research and b, looking at storm photos. :b

Shaye

Zero Hour is also at 6 votes with Edguy..they have mine so that makes it 6

peace out
WKD

What a difficult choice. Progpower is the best of the best, so of course in most cases every lineup has been spectacular. I will say if there is a best of Symphony X and Evergrey should be there for obvious reasons; Pagan's Mind and Mercenary for what has become of each band since their last appearances; Jag Panzer, Edguy, Angra for their longevity and popularity (Panzer of course being the senior); Tad Morose and Brainstorm for the face shattering portion; leaving one more..hmm...SAVATAGE! I would've put Blind Guardian or Gamma Ray but I think a full blown Savatage show would suffice. It's so hard to exclude so many other wonderful bands (Rage, PoS, Threshold, Vanden Plas, Kamelot, etc etc etc). Can we just bring all the rosters back? :p

Hmm, if we are doing a "best of", then I think we should choose bands based on their actual performance. So having nothing to do with what bands I actually like the most... here are the bands that I thought had the best live performances:

Edguy ( their Performance at 3 was the best)
Angel Dust (one the best live performances ever)
Rage (it made me buy all of their cds!)
Tad Morose
Angra
Gamma Ray
Brainstorm
Sym X
Threshhold

hmm ... those first nine were obvious...this last slot I can't decide on... Mercenary, Ark, Vanden Plas, Pagans Mind, Wuthering Heights... all impressed me with their live set...

(obviously this is not the order they'd play in...this list has too many headliners to order it)

Robin

Angra
Mercenary
Pain of Salvation
ARK
Orphaned Land (I know it's "future" but still)
Evergrey
Nightwish
Pagan's Mind
Rage
Brainstorm

jdennis007 said:
My lineup (some ive heard good things about thru others and would like to see them)

Friday;
ZERO HOUR
INTO ETERNITY
POWER OF OMENS
ENCHANT
EPICA

Saturday;
OUTWORLD
READING ZERO
PROTOTYPE
WATCHTOWER
IMAGIKA

JD :headbang:

Best of means they'd have to have played PP at least once, I spy a sneaky person trying to influence Glenn in the wrong thread. :tickled:

ANNNND

For those of you keeping count, Mercenary now has 10 votes. :headbang: