Best Brazilian band I've heard

Brotha they are more than OK they are killer. :headbang: And they have youth on their side they are only gonna get better and that's a scary thought...

The disc (Fooled Eyes) just doesn't stand out for me.

Tuatha De Danann goes without saying!!!! Still cant find thier last disc anywhere though.

If you are talking about Trova Di Danú, I bought my copy off of iTunes. I think it is a killer album.

Now, to figure out how to get the rest of them...

Jason

Aquaria...hands down.

Second that. Aquaria may be my favortite band PERIOD right now.

Also check out Glory Opera and Silent Moon if you are into the Angra thing. Nowhere near as much orchestration as Aquaria, but similar core elements.

Where are all the Lost Horizon/Iron Savior fans at? Hibria is such a fun band that's right in that speed/power metal vein. I wish they'd come out with some more stuff than just the first album.

I figure I should toss Shadowside's name into this thread since I just can't stop listening to their album Theatre of Shadows. I love Angra, and while their music is beautiful and well written, Shadowside just kicks my ass so much more! :headbang: (Go ahead and groan now ...)

Second that. Aquaria may be my favortite band PERIOD right now.

Also check out Glory Opera and Silent Moon if you are into the Angra thing. Nowhere near as much orchestration as Aquaria, but similar core elements.

Slient Moon is great but never heard of Glory Opera thanks for sharing the word about them.

Yea Aquaria is tied with Angra/Shamaan/Andre Matos and X-Japan for me as my most favorite.

I figure I should toss Shadowside's name into this thread since I just can't stop listening to their album Theatre of Shadows. I love Angra, and while their music is beautiful and well written, Shadowside just kicks my ass so much more! :headbang: (Go ahead and groan now ...)

I like Shadowside a bit myself, and actually found out about Dani from an Andre Matos Youtube video. From the first video I saw of her doing "Painkiller" which she did amazingly I actually thought she was a dood because of her voice. Do you know if all her songs only have the gritty rough voice or does she have some variety, clean singing? Some people think Elisa Martin (formerly of Darkmoor) is a guy from her rough lower voice but she has some nice variety and I like all her stuff but I think the lower register or rough stuff gets old if thats all it is.

anyone know of any distros that carry some of the smaller brazilian bands...I checked the usual and no one seems to have stuff from Toccata Magna, Krusader, Endless and a few others. any help would be great. I am also looking for the last Tuatha De Danann disc and the solo disc by the singer.

anyone know of any distros that carry some of the smaller brazilian bands...I checked the usual and no one seems to have stuff from Toccata Magna, Krusader, Endless and a few others. any help would be great. I am also looking for the last Tuatha De Danann disc and the solo disc by the singer.

Krusader is great!! Toccata Magna is promising and Tuatha absolutely rules. I actually have a friend of mine sending me Bruno Maia's solo album (Braia) in a few weeks. Send me a PM if you'd like me to grab a copy of that for you. I can't find too much stuff in the usual stores we get our stuff here on the web, so usually I just get it directly from Brazil.

See, it pays to be a Brazilnut sometimes. :lol:

Krusader is great!! Toccata Magna is promising and Tuatha absolutely rules. I actually have a friend of mine sending me Bruno Maia's solo album (Braia) in a few weeks. Send me a PM if you'd like me to grab a copy of that for you. I can't find too much stuff in the usual stores we get our stuff here on the web, so usually I just get it directly from Brazil.

See, it pays to be a Brazilnut sometimes. :lol:

I will be hitting you up for sure in a few hours. thanks

I have to bring this thread back.......

Eyes of Shiva, another great brazilian band that no one talks about. Very catchy stuff. power metal with a touch of thrash and great vocals. On the latest one "Deep", Andre Matos even makes an appearance. Highly recommended.

I have been in a huge kick for brazilian stuff as of late...I have these coming soon.

Burning in Hell, Glory Opera, Symmetrya, the hard to get Wizards - Kingdon 2 cd, Symbols and some others....

The Eyes of Shiva stuff does come highly recommended. worth checking out.

The Kingom I is a GREAT CD, and is a must own for any fan of this genre. The Kingdom II is the polar opposite, and should be avoided. I'll be interested in reading some comments on this one.....

oh great :mad:, didnt want to hear that one. I thought it was odd that no one really carries the disc or talks about it. What is wrong with it? Did they change thier sound? The Kingdom 1 was amazing.

oh great , didnt want to hear that one. I thought it was odd that no one really carries the disc or talks about it. What is wrong with it? Did they change thier sound? The Kingdom 1 was amazing.

Its not that they totally changed style, although II is MUCH more straight ahead than I is. Its that it feels like a really lazy album! The songs are SHORT (meaning, 2-3.5 minutes), and lack any real complexity. Its not terrible in a "oh-my-God-I-can't-believe-this-is-what-Midnight-is-up-to?" kind of way, just more of a "wow-they-certainly-put-less-than-100%-into-this-one".