The thread heard around UM (Bryant/Glenn)

Bryant

Mr. Sleepy
Apr 14, 2002
Sweet home Alabama
Visit site
Bryant here.......I am able to post on this forum and will be at Prog-Power because I made a well deserved apology to Glenn at the "Oldschool" forum here at UM, but not only does Glenn deserve to hear the apology at this forum, everyone else here who posts and lurks does as well. I don't claim to be a perfect person, but I don't think I have ever made an ass out of myself in such a way as this.

I will quote my apology then make a few remarks afterward. To make it easy, I will use ----------- before and after my quotes from the other board.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------First I want to say that I rtuly appreciate everyone's support in this, but here is the deal:

First, I was extremely harsh and out of character on my post to him. Those types of rants are exactly the things that I TRY TO AVERT/AVOID in my posting style. I don't apologize for my opinion, but the approach I used was an extremely poor use of judgement. Cursing someone out is not a good way to promote your opinion and I was flat wrong with the way I handled myself.
Secondly, despite being a long time gold badge holder, I shouldn't be given particular "immunity" for something like my post. Had it been a gold badge holder that maybe is only a lurker on the forum make this type of post, Glenn would ban that person and nothing would be said by others. My familiarity should not be a factor in the decision and that is fair.
Last... I would like to point out that I have absolutely no problem with Glenn as the promoter of PP, nor with him as a person. He and I aren't "chums" but are far from adversaries. My piss-poor post has seemed to stir up some stuff about Glenn and his "holier than thou" attitude, possibly from the "Glenn, you rule" type posts. I can vouch for Glenn that he has always been cocky and it probably takes his type of personality to pull these events off. I don't think Glenn has changed much (considering) over the years, and it wouldn't be Glenn if he were any other way.

I want to personally apologize to Glenn as well as all posters and lurkers on the various forums (particularly the PP forum.) Neither Glenn nor anyone else should be subjected to the garbage I spewed. As I said, it was not my opinion I am apologizing for, but rather my approach and language/name calling etc. I hope I through my previous posts over years and years that this is an isolated event and is far from the way I try to represent myself. I will not subject anyone to things like this in the future.

Sincerely,

Bryant------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That was my official apology from the "Oldschool" forum here at UM. I have several things I would like to add......

First and foremost.... I could not be more sincere in that post. I made a mountain out of a molehill and Glenn even offered to look for alternatives to banning the digi-cam thing. Glenn didn't need to do that. If the bands are worried about video bootlegs..... I can easily see Glenn's dilemma. How can he guarantee no bootleg videos when digicams are in the audience ? That would be a tough task.
One final thing...... there were 275 posts when I last looked on this subject. That shows there are many people that are passionate about this type of music and about this event. I appreciate your enthusiasm.

Bryant

Bryant you are clearly a big man for apologizing. That takes guts. And you all you old school Nickelodeon fans. Do do do do have it? GUTS!! And yes Bryant does. ROFLMAO!!

Fuck you. Die Die. :headbang:

I refuse to accept your apology until you edit your posting to narrow the width.

I did the same thing on a different board earlier this year, so it's all good. Everyone is allowed to be a total fuckhead from time to time - as long as you learn to limit the frequency over time. You did the right thing. So did Glenn by allowing your return.

Joe

Well done Bryant, kudos for that. I disagree about not ever making an ass out of yourself in such a way though but that is another story completely LOL. Cheers!!

Bear:loco:

I know how you feel, Bryant. Before PP4, I started a thread bitching about the private area for gold badge holders at the pre-party without ever attending a Progpower show. I was belligerant and foolish and took a wicked tongue lashing for it. Obviously it was well deserved. I apologized to Glenn here and in person after PP4 and to posters here on the forum, too. I was all attitude at first defending my idiocy, but in the end I realized I FUCKED UP ROYALLY and did the right thing. I felt so much better after that. And, when your apology is accepted by others, it makes it all that much sweeter. Welcome back!

First off, nicely done apology, Bryant. I wasn't at all surprised at how Glenn reacted, based on your message (I would've been pissed, too), but I give you full credit for the public apology.

I also give Glenn a TON of credit for accepting it...a lot of people wouldn't have, and this says a lot about Glenn's character that he did.

You BOTH rule! :headbang:

Later,

Craig

First, I was extremely harsh and out of character on my post to him. Those types of rants are exactly the things that I TRY TO AVERT/AVOID in my posting style. I don't apologize for my opinion, but the approach I used was an extremely poor use of judgement. Cursing someone out is not a good way to promote your opinion and I was flat wrong with the way I handled myself.
I through my previous posts over years and years that this is an isolated event and is far from the way I try to represent myself. I will not subject anyone to things like this in the future.

That's all I could think of when this happened. So unlike you! Kudos for apologizing and it's great that "all's right with the world again." :D
It would have seemed wierd without you. Now go shrink that post! Scrolling sucks.

All is right with the force now all the planets are aligned, and it takes a big man to admit he is wrong, and to say i am sorry. I bow to you humblness in apologizing to Glenn. Welcome back.

"All is right with the world" indeed.
Bill and Ted said it best, "Be excellent to eachother"
food-smiley-004.gif

Glad that all got sorted out. I've never met you before, Bryant, but it was obvious that you were well-liked by the people who know you. Cheers! :D