There can be only one!

FatesFan

Dec 18, 2004
okay, over the past 5 years there have been some amazing bands to grace the stage at PP. Along with that,many of you have traveled around to see many others.

We have all put down these long laundry lists of who we would like to see at pp.
I can think of many bands that I would like to see but would find it very difficult to decide on just one. So here is the question:

Just for grins(not like this would happen) let's say that Glen said next year that he does not feel like putting on a full blown festival.(nightmare) Let's say he said I am bringing one act and one act only.

If you could only see one band, who would it be and why?

Within Temptation!!! I have been dying to see this band live ever since I got the Mother Earth DVD set. They are an incredible band live with some great stage presence and Sharon has an incredible voice. I hope every year that Glenn is able to secure them for Prog Power.

FatesFan said:
okay, over the past 5 years there have been some amazing bands to grace the stage at PP. Along with that,many of you have traveled around to see many others.

We have all put down these long laundry lists of who we would like to see at pp.
I can think of many bands that I would like to see but would find it very difficult to decide on just one. So here is the question:

Just for grins(not like this would happen) let's say that Glen said next year that he does not feel like putting on a full blown festival.(nightmare) Let's say he said I am bringing one act and one act only.

If you could only see one band, who would it be and why?
It would be Conception !! They are one of my all time favorites and just as I started to really get into them they disbanded. I never had a chance to see they play when they were together, and I'd love to have the chance to now.

Shadow Gallery

and yeah I know, I know I know... These dudes needs to play the fest once in their lives before they pass into the netherworlda and are forgotten.

Bear

Well.....I'll consider a few factors....bands I like, and material they have.

I would pick Ayreon. If he could miraculously get all of the Ayreon people together.....they could come and play Into The Electric Castle, The Human Equation, and Universal Migrator 1 & 2 in full.

My second pick would be to have Devil Doll come and play all of his (Mr. Doctor's) albums....and maybe some new stuff also.

Third choice.....and the only one of these that would be possible would be to have Arcturus come and play through all of their albums.......with Garm....okay.....with whoever.

nightwish58 said:
Within Temptation!!! I have been dying to see this band live ever since I got the Mother Earth DVD set. They are an incredible band live with some great stage presence and Sharon has an incredible voice. I hope every year that Glenn is able to secure them for Prog Power.

Can't agree with you on this part tho, seen them live on stage and on TV (live show) here in Holland and i'm not that impressed with their live appearance tho, especially the singing part of Sharon isn't that great. On top of that they've moved tot a more commercial way with their new album (best selling dutch band at the moment), they've grown to a type of music like Evenesance...not the kind of music i would like to see at PP. I'd rather would see another dutch band like After Forever on stage in Atlanta....algthough i doubt that would ever happen :(

One band ? It would have to be an oldschool band I missed out on. Many of the current bands would be easy enough to see.

Howe era Metal Church, Accept or Dio era Sabbath.

Bryant

Savatage lineup in its entirety or the only other one I can think of is seeing Tobias Sammet's Avantasia perform both Metal Operas in entirety.

This is easy for me....

RUNNING WILD

They are long over due. They haven't played in America since 1986 and that was only a short 8 date tour with Celtic Frost and Voivod. Some people call them power metal, some people call them thrash legends, I just consider them one of the greatest heavy metal bands of all time. They have an amazing catalog. None of their albums disappoint me and I would travel just about anywhere to see them in the States no matter where they are. Glenn has made dreams come true for many with the likes of Angra, Gamma Ray, Blind Guardian, Nightwish, Rage, etc. Brave Words made one of my dreams come true by getting Grave Digger to play their first American show. I pray that one of the two fests or anyone else for that matter is able to get Running Wild to come and play a massive show in the states.

If Helloween wouldn't have recently toured the states (minus Detroit twice!) I would vote for Helloween. But now I would say Rhapsody or Demons and Wizards

Bad Girl Tess said:
I would like to see Eternity X perform The Edge ............. yah, that would pretty much rock my world.

That would be amazing, I'm with Tess on this one, if I saw Eternity X (even though they don't exist anymore) I'd be able to die a happy person. :Spin: