hey, what about Helloween?

The last time Helloween came anywhere around here was in late 2003, and I didn't drive and no one else wanted to go see them :(. How I regret those sad days of missed shows due to lack of rides. How can you pass that one up? ONE OF THESE DAYS *waves fists.* On an ironic note we were worshiping the legacy that is Helloween last night, and I'm sure those there who wouldn't go to that show were sure regretting it then ;). Better late than never, eh?

Helloween is my second favorite band after Judas Priest. I've only seen them one time and would love to see them again! I heard quite a bit of the new album and so far I love it! MUCH better then Rabbit Don't Come Easy (also a much better name) To soon to tell if it'll be a classic right up there with Keepers 1 & 2 but it does show some promise.
As far as Owens in Iced Earth...I've been a fan of IE for a long time and love the Barlow material. With that being said,The Glorious Burden is an excellant album especially the Gettysburg trilogy. I'm a huge Civil War and history buff and I've been to Gettysburg in the past. When we were in Atlanta for ProgPower I was trying to see as much Civil War stuff as possible. I guess I'm a MetalHead geek :headbang: :D

I finally got to hear the promo actually, and it is marvelous especially ''king for a thousand years'' fucking epic. I think it totally deserves the keepers title. But then again I am not a fan that goes back to when those albums were released. It seems that it happens alot with me. Being just recently (last 2 years) being turned on to metal that when a older band releases a new album I like their new album more than anything they did in the past, which is how I am with this helloween release, same goes for the when I first hear destruction's metal discharge or kreator's enemy of god.

On the iced earth topic, god I dont know how many times we have to go over this, yes barlowe is singing god, yes IE was better with him, but ripper is still a very talented singer and they still make awesome music. Iced Earth though is only band where their live album is my favorite, but this kind of unfair because its 3 discs long \m/!!

Dolamite S. Biffle said:
I finally got to hear the promo actually, and it is marvelous especially ''king for a thousand years'' fucking epic. I think it totally deserves the keepers title. But then again I am not a fan that goes back to when those albums were released. It seems that it happens alot with me. Being just recently (last 2 years) being turned on to metal that when a older band releases a new album I like their new album more than anything they did in the past, which is how I am with this helloween release, same goes for the when I first hear destruction's metal discharge or kreator's enemy of god.

On the iced earth topic, god I dont know how many times we have to go over this, yes barlowe is singing god, yes IE was better with him, but ripper is still a very talented singer and they still make awesome music. Iced Earth though is only band where their live album is my favorite, but this kind of unfair because its 3 discs long \m/!!

ditto on the Iced Earth Live album thing...best thing they've ever put out...funny how the live versions of songs totally crush their studio counterparts..

TBJ said:
As much of a classic as an album with a song called "Dr. Stein" in it...:loco:

Can't forget Heavy Metal Hamsters! :yow:

Although it seems that's not the fan's favorite. I love all their albums!! :devil:

Empress said:
Can't forget Heavy Metal Hamsters! :yow:

Although it seems that's not the fan's favorite. I love all their albums!! :devil:

Hamsters ARE Metal. Have you ever seen them eat each other?:devil: if that is not metal, then I don't know what metal is!!!

TBJ said:
Hamsters ARE Metal. Have you ever seen them eat each other?:devil: if that is not metal, then I don't know what metal is!!!

I heard that about Mice :puke:

I'd personally love to see Bruce Dickinson perform a set of his solo material, but I won't hold my breath on that happening. I'd also like to see Accept, but I have to wonder what kind of audience they would ultimately draw, and if it would make them a feasible choice.

Ruthven said:
I'd personally love to see Bruce Dickinson perform a set of his solo material, but I won't hold my breath on that happening. I'd also like to see Accept, but I have to wonder what kind of audience they would ultimately draw, and if it would make them a feasible choice.

Bruce Dickinson solo, hmm, I'm betting it could have been a reality back when he wasnt in Iron Maiden, but now? I think he'll be too expensive..

Sorry I didnt come up with any egg jokes.