The anonymous "Don't-Know-Amon-Amarth-For-So-Long-Club"

Gunn the Wise

New Metal Member
Mar 5, 2003
Visit site
The anonymous "Don't-Know-Amon-Amarth-For-So-Long-Club"

Alrigh, first of all I got to say that it is not easy for me to talk about that. I've listened to metal music ever since but there was actually one band I missed for long. Thus I joined the anonymous "Don't-Know-Amon-Amarth-For-So-Long-Club" a time ago, great club btw, a lot of nice people there, all willing to learn ;-)
Anyways, now I feel I'm ready to tell my story:
It all began at the Wacken Open Air 2002. It was a hot and dry late afternoon where it is too hot for us norse people to live in. You know the Wacken Open Air weather... Germany at its best... either it is that hot you feel to be melting like a bunch of snow in the sun, or its raining so much that you rush to your favourite band like cattle into the stable.
Now this was a hot day and I was stumbeling across the festival area like a wounded elk. But suddently I thought "What was that?!?" My senses began to straighten. My soul started dancing the "wardance". "There is an enemy nearby", I first thought, "Prepare for battle! ...uhhh get alive, there are only nice metalheads and no enemy within the next 5000 meters for sure." I feel the adrenaline pumping through my veins. All the lazyness was immediately gone. After my soul had switched on my body, my brain started working again as well: "Hey, it is the music that makes me feel like that." I made my way through the "raging" crowd to see more of those who awoke my soul at this hour. "Yes, they do look like that kind of people which harmonies with you", I thougt. But a heroic outer appearance doesn't make a hero yet. The gig was great and I pleasantly enjoyed the rest of it and left the place strengthened.
At home I ran for the lyrics. Exactly that kind of lyrics that makes my soul start the "wardance". The second point was to order the CDs. After that Amon Amarth's songs never left my brain again. They are always playing, either in the foreground or in the background in my subconscious when I'm busy…
Amon Amarth are truly Great People and great musician but also great warriors for me.
Condition for the greatness of humans is the extraordinary courage, which makes a human being to remain themselves faithful and to keep the faith even in coldest isolation, with contemptuous refusal by the environment, with bitterest derision by the "common people" of its time.
There are always the great ones, the lonely ones, the forerunners, who give the good-willing people strength and courage by their bold example. Thus, the history of the human development is mainly the history of outstanding single personalities.

THANKS FOR GIVING YOUR STRENGTH TO US!!!