The Avalon Show

lmao frisket? it's 'flasket brinner' you dunce

and here's my beautiful handiwork that adorned the shirt in the first vid

nickelbackpeth.jpg

Sorry, was going by ear, I forgot almost the entire speech section before the encore after what I did after the concert. :rofl:

Any story behind that? Did they start Karma and just say fuck it?

I think so... It was on the light tech's setlist and the sound dudes... I never seen Hessian/Credence played live so i was just as happy either way.

Oh yes, they messed up on Ghost of Perdition... It wasn't Mikaels fault at all :) threw the lighting guy off, i was standing behind him and he was cracking jokes.

The music was awesome, but the crowd sucked.

I've been attending Opeth shows for nearly 10 years now and have never seen a crowd more docile during Demon of the Fall. Maybe it has to do with the younger "metal generation" that hasn't seen bands like Slayer or Deicide "live" and can't fully appreciate the raw engery typically seen at a metal show. Anyway, I agree with you, the crowd really could have been more into it.

I was daised again by Opeth at the Avalon!...

I noticed both bands' members walking to and back from the buses before the show. Though stangely, not too many people approached them. Though I do remember this group of dudes wanting Mikael to be in the picture with them but Mikael was like "It doesn't work that way, everyone else will gather" or something while walking. The people at the show were overall pretty mellow while waiting. I enjoyed the peace actually since I haven't had as much peace in the past couple years! I DID get Fredrick's autograph though and he was pretty cool and I got both Ivar Bjornson and Ice Dale's autographs. Ivar seemed like he's a pretty down to earth guy. Also Grutle gave me the horns after I gave him the horns. And he was wearing The 'In The Court Of The Crimson King' that I have.

it was my first time seeing them since The Wiltern Chronology show in Mar. 2006. I was actually quite satisfied with the crowd: 1. There wasn't as much infantile shouts going on...like "death metal!" or "Swedish metal fucking rules"...or maybe there were and I just instinctively unknowlingly tuned them out. I was too a bit surprised on the lack of pushing, bigger moshes, and long haired headbanging. I noticed that alot of the people there had the "I'm just growing my hair" length, also with them being young like 16,17,18. Opeth might've been their first show or something. They're definitely a visual musicial experience...love watching the playing, the intricacy and everything else so I can understand if people were like hynotized in a way, forgetting to headbang.

Tight as fuck playing and amazing setlist. Bravo...See you next year. Happy songwriting Mikael

I think so... It was on the light tech's setlist and the sound dudes... I never seen Hessian/Credence played live so i was just as happy either way.

Oh yes, they messed up on Ghost of Perdition... It wasn't Mikaels fault at all :) threw the lighting guy off, i was standing behind him and he was cracking jokes.

I was also standing behind the lighting booth. When "Karma" came up on the setlist, Mikael talked about how they had played it the night before for the first time. He then announced "Creedence" and they played that.

I was also standing behind the lighting booth. When "Karma" came up on the setlist, Mikael talked about how they had played it the night before for the first time. He then announced "Creedence" and they played that.

nice dude, i had the crimson edge of sanity shirt on with short hair and beard..lol i was with a group of 7 we were all across the back of the sound/lighting booth in the middle. I like it back there, no moshing and sweaty smell =p