The Avalon Show

Dreadful

When Man& Machine Collide
May 2, 2003
San Diego, California
Welcome once again to LA Opeth...Down the street from Aomeba (sp) records!
Good luck tonight...it'll be my 6th time seeing you guys. First time since the Chronology show at the Wiltern in 2006. I have one request...can you play 'Karma'?
"You have nothing more to fiiinnd....you have noootthing mooore to looooosseee" You can do it!
Great lineup to see this show. Opeth is almost like a Supergroup now...
Axe from Arch Enemy, Axe from Bloodbath, Per from Spiritual Beggars, and the other two members...well, we know em quite well.

I will be there tonight as well. They actually played Karma last night at the Glasshouse, which was a bit surprising, and Mike gave an intro about how they might mess it up, but they did a great job of it.

So, who knows, they might do it again tonight and make you a very happy person :)

I'll be there tonight for the first time since...Last Night!!! Mike shook my hand at the end!!!! Awesome show! btw I will upload my vid my gf took as we were making a left on 2nd street we saw Fred & Mendes on the corner walking n waiting for the light to change!:headbang:

Excellent show! Sounded great as usual. Was up on the railing of the balcony on Fredrik's side. Took a few pics but only this one turned out well:

Opeth5-16-09.jpg

"Hello everybody. We are Opeth."

Crowd chants O-peth, O-peth, O-peth

"That's not necessary. We know we fucking rule!"

:lol:

Great show. Loved the new material live. The Lotus Eater was the highlight for me! Anyone who wrote down the setlist please post!

wow. love you guys. you do indeed rule.

tried getting vid, but my phone fucked up on me == no vid. was standing behind / center of soundboards.

The music was awesome, but the crowd sucked. I haven't seen so much standing around at a metal show since Sunn 0))) in 2007. If Enslaved and Opeth do not induce headbanging in so-called metalheads, I don't know what would :erk:

Hey guys! Sorry for being such a noob and for not actually checking the board properly to get this info, but could anyone please tell me what is Opeth's setlist for concerts and/or festivals?
I'll see them in July and I know I have the time to listen of all their stuff, but I would kinda like to know which tracks to pay more attention to, you know, learn the lyrics and stuff. I really dig them a lot, I think they're one of the best bands of their genre, with really intelligent musical phrases and overall compositions. Also really nice moments of tension and relaxation. I'm really looking forward to see them live.

Sorry for the off-topicness, but didn't really know where to search. :)

Great show. Loved the new material live. The Lotus Eater was the highlight for me! Anyone who wrote down the setlist please post!

Heir Apparent
Ghost of Perdition
Godheads Lament
Wreath
(was gonna be Karma)
Credence (shortly extended)
Hessian Peel
Closure (Extended w/ jimi hendrix riff cover)
The night and silent water
lotus eater
-----------
demon of the fall

kinda wish we got Leper affinity besides wreath as they played that in the prog nation tour but one of the best setlists. Flawless lotus eater and hessian peel. The mess up on Ghost of perdition was funny...It wasn't mikaels fault haha

Heir Apparent
Ghost of Perdition
Godheads Lament
Wreath
(was gonna be Karma)
Credence (shortly extended)
Hessian Peel
Closure (Extended w/ jimi hendrix riff cover)
The night and silent water
lotus eater
-----------
demon of the fall

kinda wish we got Leper affinity besides wreath as they played that in the prog nation tour but one of the best setlists. Flawless lotus eater and hessian peel. The mess up on Ghost of perdition was funny...It wasn't mikaels fault haha

We got the Leper Affinity in Turkey, but I'd rather have Wreath. Wanna trade? :Smug:

Other than that, we had Deliverance for the encore. It was good but it's no Demon..

What happened in Ghost of Perdition?

I have some footage of some of Mike's lolmoments, one of them including the "Listen to Frisket" moment.

Encore:

"What do you want to hear?":

Partial Heir Apparent:

Watching People:

Opeth Rules:

"I was great.":

I've more but YT is being a (insert explicit word here) to me at this moment.
I'm reliving the Avalon May 16, 2009 right now, and I plan on doing it every day (until the next Opeth concert of course)

Last edited by a moderator:
lmao frisket? it's 'flasket brinner' you dunce

and here's my beautiful handiwork that adorned the shirt in the first vid

nickelbackpeth.jpg