The bands influenced by Testament

Krawczus said:
LOL, YOU.

to give you an example: you can hear very clearly Testament influence on Redneck from Sacrament... besize obvious influence of Pantera.... I think one can hear Low there...

That was not what sparked the laughter, the mention of a 2nd rate band was. I mean JAmes Murphy was on that album, nothing they've ever done reminds me in the slightest of Testament. :)

well mate, we're not talking about 'what is similar to Testa' but 'what band is influeced by', so it's pretty obvious that great majority of those bands will be 'a 2nd rate'... look up on this thread - can you see any '1st rate' (using your classification)? cause I think that LOG is one of the best of those mentioned above (however I dunno all of'em).
And WTF with "JAmes Murphy was on that album,"? He's a mofo great guitar player, so that's a normal thing that his play influence ppl?

nothing they've ever done reminds me in the slightest of Testament.
well. that's a shame, cause the influence of Testament on LOG is a fact. Even Mark (guitarist of LOG) said in a interview I've recently read that Testament is a great inpiration for him. Too bad you can't hear it :(

Krawczus said:
well mate, we're not talking about 'what is similar to Testa' but 'what band is influeced by', so it's pretty obvious that great majority of those bands will be 'a 2nd rate'... look up on this thread - can you see any '1st rate' (using your classification)? cause I think that LOG is one of the best of those mentioned above (however I dunno all of'em).
And WTF with "JAmes Murphy was on that album,"? He's a mofo great guitar player, so that's a normal thing that his play influence ppl?

well. that's a shame, cause the influence of Testament on LOG is a fact. Even Mark (guitarist of LOG) said in a interview I've recently read that Testament is a great inpiration for him. Too bad you can't hear it :(

Uh no that's an opinon, I could claim I was influenced by a great jaz guitarist but if my music doesn't contain that influence all I am doing is making a claim. And that's all that retard was doing.

JAmes' influence should show up somewhere, or are you claiming this guy just took it and dumbed it down a lot, tell me this then, how dumbed down can it go before it no longer holds that influence? I'd say it's way past it's point.

well I don't say LOG is influenced by Testament, only cause Mark said so.. before reading this interview I could hear it... but maybe that's just me and Mark? Nope, the guy that was making the interview (for one of two the best metal magazines in Poland - MysticArt /another one is PureMetal :) ) asked about Testament (they were talking about Redneck) and Mark replied that Testa have always been a great inspiration for him. Well you know when I listen to music, and I think "hey! this sound a bit like Testament", and few days after I read that kind of statement in a respectable metal magazine - then I'm pretty sure that I was right...
Did you had a chance to listen to the last album at all? more than once? Redneck maybe? Cause I think not...

I've heard their entire catalog thanks to my younger brother, so yes I'm familar with how far from being influence by Testament they are. Again these are just claims.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here, and I'll probably get chastized for it, but the new band, Trivium is a metalcore thrash band that quotes themselves as saying that they're influenced by most of the '80s thrash bands, including Testament.

Cheers for checking us out the guys who did.

Sewn Shut Eyes said:
You playing Damnation? See you there...

Defo, make sure you say hi, or crush someone whilst we play.

had a gig last night and there were a few emos there for other bands, and this one guy was doing this.........................."dance" so this huge guy ran towards him and elbowed him in the face and did a suplex on him. Fucking Metal.

EvileOL said:
Cheers for checking us out the guys who did.

Defo, make sure you say hi, or crush someone whilst we play.

had a gig last night and there were a few emos there for other bands, and this one guy was doing this.........................."dance" so this huge guy ran towards him and elbowed him in the face and did a suplex on him. Fucking Metal.

You guys fucking killed tonight.