The bar has been set

Ozell

Nov 27, 2009
Carpathian Mountains
The first record of this year is Ihsahn-After. I just heard the album and what can I say: it`s AWESOME:headbang:. I don`t want to ruin the surprise so I`m not going to write a review. A little insight Ihsahn`s using saxophone one this album(I`m sure that you already know) but in what kind of way that`s the main question.
I`m eagerly waiting for the new Borknagar and Vintersorg I`m sure they will be f**king awesome too.

Keep walkin`

The first record of this year is Ihsahn-After. I just heard the album and what can I say: it`s AWESOME:headbang:. I don`t want to ruin the surprise so I`m not going to write a review. A little insight Ihsahn`s using saxophone one this album(I`m sure that you already know) but in what kind of way that`s the main question.
I`m eagerly waiting for the new Borknagar and Vintersorg I`m sure they will be f**king awesome too.

Keep walkin`

I agree!! I heard the whole album and it is REALLY good! The use of the sax is kinda strange but it seems to work.

As for the new Borknagar and Vintersorg....I am seriously waiting for these releases. 2010 is going to be a good year!

You know Asgeir it`s wild I think it`s his some of the best if not the best. I really like his drumming at the Undercurrent song so far, But I have to give a few spin because the music seems so layered that you have to listen like 20 or so more times to realize what`s under the skin.

Keep walkin`

I was not overly impressed with After given how much I liked angL. I gotta give it a couple more listens before I write a review, but thus far the best record I've heard is the new Orphaned Land.

i wasn't familiar with Ihsahn's music before After, other than a couple of tracks here and there... What can i say: this album has hooked even me! :lol: I love how the sax sound blends in naturally in the total picture. i normally wouldn't trust sax in metal either, but here it's not disturbing at all. Rather, quite refreshing.

I liked it, but I don't think it's so mindblowing. It sounds fresh but that's not enough to claim it a masterpiece IMO.

About the sax stuff...Solefald did it before and it worked, right? I expected from Ihsahn that he could make it work and he did it.

It`s a matter of taste.
I thought to open this thread to talk about the new releases of this year. Of course everybody has high expectation about new releases and I think that this After it`s a good opener for this year.

Keep walkin`

I liked it, but I don't think it's so mindblowing. It sounds fresh but that's not enough to claim it a masterpiece IMO.

About the sax stuff...Solefald did it before and it worked, right? I expected from Ihsahn that he could make it work and he did it.

I don't think it's nearly as good as angL actually. I feel like the song-writing really lags towards the end. But it's still a very good record.. just not as good as I was expecting.

Best records so far have been In Mourning's Monolith and Orphaned Land's The Never Ending Way of ORwarriOR. I hope that I can get my hands on the new Borknagar soon, but Indie is oddly non-responsive. :(

A preview: new Finntroll and Dark Tranquillity both sound surprisingly fresh and good. Though, the production on the DT is pretty disappointing.

Edit: I posted my review of Ihsahn // After

I don't think it's nearly as good as angL actually. I feel like the song-writing really lags towards the end. I'm pretty disappointed.

Best records so far have been In Mourning's Monolith and Orphaned Land's The Never Ending Way of ORwarriOR. I hope that I can get my hands on the new Borknagar soon, but Indie is oddly non-responsive. :(

A preview: new Finntroll and Dark Tranquillity both sound surprisingly fresh and good. Though, the production on the DT is pretty disappointing.

So... you like the new Orphaned Land, huh? Haha, I think I've seen you praise that album 25 times now.

I personally cannot wait for the new Nevermore album.:/ Three and a half months away and I'm already certain that it'll be my favorite album of the year.:/ No expectations are too high when it comes to Nevermore.

I'm waiting for the Ne Obliviscaris and Desire full lenghts, plus the new Burzum album, Belus. I hope Kampfar releases something new, the same goes for Enslaved.

I have listened to the After album once and found it very interesting... I have listened to Angl and some Adversary but not enough... gonna check them also out.

I personally cannot wait for the new Nevermore album.:/ Three and a half months away and I'm already certain that it'll be my favorite album of the year.:/ No expectations are too high when it comes to Nevermore.
Don't worry... It's 2 and a 1/2 months away. Looks like the first week of april will be the release date.

San Francisco Bay Area thrash metal veterans EXODUS will release their ninth studio album, "Exhibit B: The Human Condition", on April 23 via Nuclear Blast Records.

Another album I'm very excited about.<3

Djöfull;8832873 said:
I have listened to the After album once and found it very interesting... I have listened to Angl and some Adversary but not enough... gonna check them also out.

I listened to After today, and I really liked it! Walking around Université de Montréal whilst listening to 'A Grave Inversed' was a combination of surrealism, happiness and epic.

Another album I'm very excited about.<3

Let's hope it's better than the 1st Exhibition :rolleyes: .

I listened to After today, and I really liked it! Walking around Université de Montréal whilst listening to 'A Grave Inversed' was a combination of surrealism, happiness and epic.
while i just kinda liked it at first, now i got so totally addicted to this album, i totally love how the sax blends in the metal (so totally different than Solefald does it) and the overall atmosphere &#9829;