The bar has been set

this will be the album of the year, most probably!!!! :worship:
i'm really looking forward to this!

It`s also worth to check out Sully Erna`s Avalon, I know that everybody says that he is like a mixiture of Layne Hetfield but I really don`t care. Godsmack is AC/DC for me. About Avalon: it`s totally different from Godsmack with a few exeption on some songs you can hear the Voodoo inspiration. Anyway it`s a great record.

Maybe it's just me, but I think Ihsahn's growl is absolutely pathetic compared to most others. It nearly ruins his records for me, it's like he's just dry heaving the whole time. As for After? The saxophones certainly don't help either. Asgeir is the sole reason I buy new Ihsahn records. Bar has not been set, far from it in my opinion.

I agree completely. In fact, I didn't even buy his last two albums due to the reasons you mentioned. I still listen to The Adversary every now and then, especially to hear Garm on Homecoming... what a masterpiece.
A lot of people actually think his albums keep getting better, my opinion is the exact opposite! To each his own, I guess :)

another one i'm REALLY looking forward to, is the new Moonsorrow release! :worship:rock::kickass:
though it won't be out until next year so i guess it doesn't really count in this thread...

Then i'm also wondering what's up with that promised and much talked about (last year) solo album by Vortex... haven't heard any news about it since then... :rolleyes:

I agree completely. In fact, I didn't even buy his last two albums due to the reasons you mentioned. I still listen to The Adversary every now and then, especially to hear Garm on Homecoming... what a masterpiece.
A lot of people actually think his albums keep getting better, my opinion is the exact opposite! To each his own, I guess :)

Really? I do like the new Ihsahn albums, and I love the sax solos. Definitely a matter of taste, and I agree it's not for everyone.

another one i'm REALLY looking forward to, is the new Moonsorrow release! :worship:rock::kickass:
though it won't be out until next year so i guess it doesn't really count in this thread...

Then i'm also wondering what's up with that promised and much talked about (last year) solo album by Vortex... haven't heard any news about it since then... :rolleyes:

Hey new Moonsorrow!!!!! I didn't know, marvellous news!!!

As of right now Blind Guardian's new album is a strong contender for album of the year for me, but there are still the new albums by: Dark The Suns, Woods of Ypres, Cradle Of Filth, Helloween and Agalloch coming out that might have something to say about that.