The Beer Thread

There are two kinds of beers in my world:

1. Sauna beers. Has to be Finnish. Lapin Kulta, Karhu, Koff. Which ever Finnish beer really. They are all quite "watery" and thus quite refreshing and perfect for the sauna.

2. Beers I drink outside the sauna :) Preferably Czech beers like Pilsner Urquell, Starobrno, Zlatopramen and Staropramen but also Guiness, Kilkenny, Newcastle, Stella Artois, Warsteiner etc etc etc etc...

Me loves beer :kickass:

Shame, you were doing really well until you got to the vile pisswater that is Stella :p

Can't say I've ever drunk beer in a sauna...it would feel rather odd I think. Plus most places here that have saunas would kick you out if you tried to drink in there! :lol:

But then again I'm guessing Finns and Swedes don't understand the appeal of a really hot, three-hour-long bath, a bar of chocolate and a bottle of wine ;)

This really has nothing to do with beer but when I recently visited the north of Spain I came across their famours Siderias. The cider there was divine. Especially when served ice-cold. It's nothing like our kind of ciders, more like weak wine with beer taste hahaha. I know it sounds disgusting but it rocked! I fucking hate cider normally so I was plesantly surprised!

There is nothing greater in life than an all-evening sauna (at least 4-5 hours) and 10-15 coooooold Finnish beers. I have just turned on my sauna and loaded in a few cold Karhu's in the freezer. Can't wait!!!

I guess that's the equivalent of the 3hr bath....I'll take the bath :p

Haven't got a bath at uni (just a crappy shower) and baths are the main thing I go home for. Deep, hot bath with bubbles, chocolate, bottle of decent wine and a book = bliss....until someone needs to use the toilet :rolleyes:

Damnit, I want to go home for a good long bath now :mad:

And sod off, Stella Artois rules! :p

Oh dear. Remind me to introduce you to Bumblebee, Adder's Fork or something of similar quality. Stella is brewed piss in a posh glass. Hell, even Grolsch tastes better than Stella, and that's usually my last resort - beyond Grolsch I usually move onto a mid-level rum.

That said, find me at Download and I'll drink anything :lol:

Oh dear. Remind me to introduce you to Bumblebee, Adder's Fork or something of similar quality. Stella is brewed piss in a posh glass. Hell, even Grolsch tastes better than Stella, and that's usually my last resort - beyond Grolsch I usually move onto a mid-level rum.

I've tasted both (Bumblebee and Adder's Fork) and they're not half-bad. Grolsch is absolutely horrendous though :ill:

I prefer the sauna to the bath. We have a huge tub but it's usually just my daughter who uses it. Me and my fiancée have the occasional bath/wine evening now and then though so I can't say I despise it :saint:

Grolsch is absolutely horrendous though :ill:

It's not the best, I'll give you that. I only drink it when there's nothing else, because it is at least better than the likes of Fosters, Carling, Carlsberg etc :)Puke:). Give me a Leffe, decent cider/perry or real ale over it any day though.

I prefer the sauna to the bath. We have a huge tub but it's usually just my daughter who uses it. Me and my fiancée have the occasional bath/wine evening now and then though so I can't say I despise it :saint:

See I like the odd sauna, but baths rule all. And I don't share :p

(At least not since I was a very small child sharing the bath with one of my parents - baths these days are purely for me, not even my boyfriend gets a look-in :lol:)

Can't really comment on saunas since I've never been in one, but a few beers or ciders in the bath can be extremely enjoyable. A good book, some decent music and some bottles of Badger Golden Glory (the lighter, flowery taste seems to work best there) and I'm there until the hot water runs out. Unfortunately usually not that long in my house.

Can't really comment on saunas since I've never been in one, but a few beers or ciders in the bath can be extremely enjoyable. A good book, some decent music and some bottles of Badger Golden Glory (the lighter, flowery taste seems to work best there) and I'm there until the hot water runs out. Unfortunately usually not that long in my house.

Trick is to stay in the bath long enough for the next bathful of hot water to heat up, then simply pull the plug out while running a new bath. You don't even have to get out, and it's perfectly possible to have 4/5 hour baths that way. I know, I've had the dirty looks and 'subtle' tutting upon coming out, not to mention my mother's usual reaction of 'good GOD I thought you got out hours ago!' and so on.

Of course she may well be slightly justified, seeing as I've been known to spend long enough in a bath to have a respectable stab at Lord of the Rings :lol:

Depends on the temperature in the room. Doesn't have any real heating, and the little portable electric heater with the lead shoved under the door (inconsiderate electricians didn't put any sockets in the bathroom) can only do so much.

I actually had a rather good Finnish pear cider last night, called Upcider. Unfortunately I can't remember where I bought it, otherwise I'd get some more.
Possibly even a lot more.

Mmmmmmmmfinnish cider
Goldencap, comes in not just pear but every other flavour under the sun, possibly their version of white lightening, but tastes less like shit.

Katie, I commend your non-drinking efforts *sups baileys*:worship: at least you'll still have a liver at thirty.

That said, find me at Download and I'll drink anything

Don't make me hold you to that, I'll find something suspiciously vile or become a tart and drink bollinger like I did on St Paddy's Day:kickass:

Don't make me hold you to that, I'll find something suspiciously vile or become a tart and drink bollinger like I did on St Paddy's Day:kickass:

Nowt wrong with a bit of Bolly! :p

Of course, I'd rather quaff the beautifully cold bottle of Bulmer's pear cider wot is in my fridge at the moment, but Bolly has its place in the world ;)

Ye don't want Baileys...Irish Knights is pretty much the same thing, tastes a lot nicer than Baileys, and retails in ASDA at £3.17 for 700ml!

*quaffs*