The Beer Thread

IPA's are very bitter. It took me a bit of time to get used to them but are now one of my favorite beers. if you just want to dive in and go for it, try out Stone's Ruination IPA... it's pretty brutal, but amazing.

and i hate 1554 :lol: The New Belgium Trippel is pretty good, springboard isn't bad either but they're not really a brewery i'm huge on.

yeah, i dont know why everyone raves about new belgium/fat tire. fat tire is rather gross.

i love dark malty beers, and 1554 is that.
~gR~

what the hell are you talking about... new belgium? fat tire? 1554?
never heard any of these names before??

The New Belgium Brewing Co is located in Colorado (Ft. Collins?). They don't do a very good job of actually emulating Belgian beers. For that I recommend the Ommegang Brewery in New York or Celis (if they are still even around) for their Wit.

Fat Tire is ok. Prefer to have it with dinner than by itself.

Fat tire isn't too hoppy for my tastes, it just sucks a dick. it's not fun to drink.

Then again, i had some rainier and PBR this evening, so i have no room for talking about good beers at the moment.

But i did have some kickass tequila, but that's for another thread ;) (someone please start a hard liquor thread)

I just tried The Abyss from Deschutes Brewery

An Imperial Stout that was ranked 5th best in the world I believe, it cost me a pretty penny but it is sooooooo worth it. It is extremely dark and thick with notes of coffee, licorice, vanilla, and semi sweet chocolate all aged in bourbon soaked oak barrels, just plain amazing.:kickass::kickass::kickass::kickass:

Off Topic: @ DoomsdayZach Aye, that sounds like a fine idea, I don't really know many people in the area as I am a bit of a college attending hermit. By the same token I don't go to many bars either so I don't have extensive knowledge as to what is and what is not good in the area, though I have tried the Pints & Quarts in Lacey which is fairly decent.

On Topic: Drinking the Russian Imperial from Stone brewery again, it is a little bit spendy but it is soooo good.:kickass::kickass:

Off Topic: @ DoomsdayZach Aye, that sounds like a fine idea, I don't really know many people in the area as I am a bit of a college attending hermit. By the same token I don't go to many bars either so I don't have extensive knowledge as to what is and what is not good in the area, though I have tried the Pints & Quarts in Lacey which is fairly decent.

Surprisingly the Pints & Quarts in the mall is a lot better for selection. It's a total trendy place with a ton of bros, but a good selection on tap. Also, the eastside downtown is good for beers. They have a lot of local microbrews on tap that are delicious... They had The Abyss on tap in fact.

HobgoblinBeer.jpg

28631_p.jpg

pic_leffe-blonde.jpg

^^^Hobgoblin is truly one of the greatest, but I somehow got a bit tired of it one of the times I travelled to England.

Top 5 English/Scottish ales (listed very quickly):

1. Harviestoun Bitter & Twisted
2. St. Austell Tribute (had only one time, but I remember it very "clearly")
3. Fuller's Vintage Ale 2007
4. Wadworth 6X
5. Ridgeway IPA

Top 5 International:

1. Trappistes Rochefort 8
2. Harviestoun Bitter & Twisted
3. Chimay Blue
4. Aecht Schlenkerla Rauchbier Urbock
5. St. Austell Tribute

Top 3 Finnish :cool: :

1. Koff Porter
2. Legenda
3. Karhu

restocked the fridge with:

honey moon summer ale (blue moon)
laughing lab (bristol)
konings hoeven dubbel trappist ale

ive always walked past the fridge with the fancy bombers, so i figured i would try one. i hope i didnt waste the 9 bucks!
~gR~

i just got a growler of the rock bottom peaked wheat. quite good. really fruity. perfect for my drunken chicken!
~gR~