The Beer Thread

I love Yuengling. Great stuff, completely unavailable in the western US.

And to all the euro folk bitching about shitty tastes in beer, come off it! I'll never dispute that Belgian beer is upper eschelon as far as beer is concerned, but there are some amazing microbreweries in the states that have very interesting/delicious beers. The Stone brewery has some great stuff (Ruination IPA, Stone Smoked Porter, Arrogant Bastard and its cousin Oaked Bastard), Avery Brewery is great for delicious, high ABV beers (The Reverend, The Czar, The Maharaja, Samael, The Beast, Mephistophelese), and my favorite, the Dogfish Head Brewery. Their 60 minute IPA isn't amazing, but the 90 minute IPA is fucking awesome. And their limited edition 120 Minute IPA (about 10 bucks for one 12 oz bottle) is hands down one of the best beers i've ever had. 20%. And it doesn't taste like it, but it'll fuck ya up.

I'm almost sad that Winter is gone because when it's winter time, I've never been one to turn down a good Barley Wine.

well, it shouldn't be ice cold, around 4-5 °C is good enough imo

Even that's a little cold for most British ales. To quote from the bottle label of the rather splendid Breconshire Golden Valley that I'm currently enjoying, "The beer should be served cool but not refrigerated."

No idea, I've never heard of it!!

Thraxas!! you're needed lol

Unfortunately the good beers from the US that I've frequently heard about never seems to make it over here. All we get are the tastelessly bland big brands. Keep meaning to embark on a beer-tasting world tour...

Here in my country(Brazil), we does not have so many good beers. So, if you really enjoy beers you must buy imported brands. My prefered choices are Bitburger, Guinness, IPA and Hofbrau. :)

The Stone brewery has some great stuff (Ruination IPA, Stone Smoked Porter, Arrogant Bastard and its cousin Oaked Bastard), Avery Brewery is great for delicious, high ABV beers (The Reverend, The Czar, The Maharaja, Samael, The Beast, Mephistophelese), and my favorite, the Dogfish Head Brewery. Their 60 minute IPA isn't amazing, but the 90 minute IPA is fucking awesome. And their limited edition 120 Minute IPA (about 10 bucks for one 12 oz bottle) is hands down one of the best beers i've ever had. 20%. And it doesn't taste like it, but it'll fuck ya up.

Right on, brother. I am a huge fan of each of those breweries. Don't forget Double Bastard (Stone) and Titan IPA (Avery). Those will absolutely knock you down.

By the way, I won't drink Yeungling. Can't stand it.

Here in my country(Brazil), we does not have so many good beers. So, if you really enjoy beers you must buy imported brands. My prefered choices are Bitburger, Guinness, IPA and Hofbrau. :)

Don't you have Xingu down there?

Right on, brother. I am a huge fan of each of those breweries. Don't forget Double Bastard (Stone) and Titan IPA (Avery). Those will absolutely knock you down.

By the way, I won't drink Yeungling. Can't stand it.

Fair enough on the Yeungling. Yeah, the double bastard rules, their Old Guardian barley wine is amazing as well. Did you get a chance to nab their 11th anniversary ale last year? It was intense... one of the best beers i've had.

Speaking of intense, i picked up the Eel River Triple Exultation Old Ale. Fucking phenominal. That will be another semi-regular brew for me :kickass:

Thanks for the recommendation

The Eel River was quite excellent. Glad you enjoyed! I have to go to Asheville, NC to get it since I can't find it here. Luckily, we like going to Asheville!

I had Stone's Epic-something-or-other a few years ago. As I remember, it was tremendous. Unfortunately, Stone doesn't distribute in Georgia. If I want it, I have to go to Tennessee, about 2 hours away. I just haven't taken the time to go up.

I tried Stone Brewery's Russian Imperial Stout yesterday and it was fantastic. It was about as dark as Guinness with distinct flavors of coffee, chocolate, and a bit of anise as well as the very hoppy taste of a lot of other Stone brews. I can't say that I am a fan of arrogant bastard ale but this particular beer was great, I will definitely try other (dark) beers from Stone in the future.

I can't say I'm 100% with you on that one. I can say that beer from a bottle or tap is infinitely better though, and if the option is available, i'll go bottle/tap over can.

Sometimes though, you're stuck with what you got.

my current stock:
IMG_0855.jpg

~gR~

1554 is the best beer new belgium offers. the only one i like actually

i havnt tried the titan yet. actually, i just bought a great divide sampler so i could try more stuff. havnt gotten to that one yet. just the raspberry and the samurai (which is really weird. lots going on)
~gR~