The Benny Larsson thread

paradoxile

Den Sista Ljusbäraren
Jul 20, 2004
Israel
myspace.com
I was wondering where did Benny disappear and if he didn't which bands is he playing in right now...haven't heard Benny's name in here since I asked a while ago about how did 3 swedish guys(Dan,Erik,Benny) took over the Norsk band "Godsend"?

I asked some other guy from Finspång that question not so long ago, apparently he's just in some cover band at the moment...

Hooray for Benny! He had a really unique style going on, plus he was one of the few drummers who could make blastbeats work for me. Cheers to him, whatever he's doing

I hear a lot from Benny these days, not in person, but from his drumming. The mastering of the "When all is said - The best of Edge Of Sanity" is soon ready and due to the..hhrmmm...varying quality of the productions, it has become a mastering nightmare...but I never give up...and now it sounds just fine....finally....if you only knew how many hours I put into this package....
Benny was for me one of the things that made EOS unique. If you listen carefully the hi-hat is completely out of time in all the faster parts, because he didn´t cross his arms...meaning he had the right hand on the snare and the left on the hihat but still being a right handed drummer...got it?? This made the emphasis on the snare and kick on the fast parts, not on the hihat and the kick like so many other DM drummers...this created a special groove that worked fine with us.. when you solo the hihat channel on some old mastertapes you go nuts....but alles zu sammen it sounds marvellous.
cheers to Benny, one of the best friends I ever had and to one of the..if not THE, best drummer I ever had the pleasure to work with. It´s a shame we couldn´t remain friends after the EOS split up. I wish him the best of luck in the future and hope that the coverband play made Arg Varg, Morot and Stygg Död songs....and maybe even some Manfred Villes????

Dan