The best deals you've ever done...

The ones that come to mind:

-A Japanese Squier '73RI strat for $10
-Mesa 3ch Dual + 4x12 for $1400
-Ibanez RG1527 for $350 from Buz McGrath (Unearth)
-FJA modded 5150 for $550
-Krank Revolution 1 for $600 (5150 and this from the same Guitar Center)

And the very, very, very best one?

ESP (not LTD) Dave Mustaine Axxion for $675 w/case at Guitar Center. Sold it on eBay for $1800.

How does GC let shit like that happen? Don't you think they would realize what they are selling?

An Ibanez RG 1527 with about 700 AUD worth of modifications for 1300 AUD.
Brand new with those mods it would have set me back about 3500 AUD. When I bought the guitar, only two months ago, there was hardly any fretwear at all and it was basically in mint condition. The dude that sold it to me could have easily sold it for 2 grand, but he needed the money real quick

Pretty much most of GC employees have to be monkeys if all the stories I hear about that place are true

Pretty much most of GC employees have to be monkeys if all the stories I hear about that place are true

They are. Once in a while a very knowledgeable musician will work there, but they never last long. Must drive them crazy being in that place. They probably move on to working at Sweetwater or something where people actually give a shit about what they sell.

Got my audix dp5a set of mics( i5, 2 Xd2's, D4 and a D6 with clamps and a metal case) for 415euro new
Got an old but working perfectly bass cab for free from the venue I work in- it was just there in a back room.
Got a set of P.A tops for 200- they're EV clones, in perfect nick, work savage as a monitor rig.
Got my ESP horizon custom and hardcase for what worked out at about 350 euro, traded in a straight swap for it.
Got 3 sm57's and a beta 52 new for 150euro
Got a handy ss poweramp and halfer tube preamp together for 50 pounds, the shipping from northern ireland down came to almost as much as the gear!

Been fairly lucky with some of my aquisitions. Alot of jumping on the right deal at the right time. Me and my bro always seem to be able to pool our funds and pull the trigger on some killer deals when we see them. Everyone in my band is the same- we're complete gear junkies!

heaps of great deals....

bought an original old 808 fpr 15...sold it for 400.

bought an Engl poweramp for 200€, traded that for a 2203, traded that for a engl straight plus cash (150€) and traded that one for a VHT Pittbull classic.

so I actually got that pittbull for 50€ ;)

it's gone now though :(

Ibanez EDB 500 Bass - £150
Ltd M-350 w/Hard Case minus some hardware/PUs - £150
EMG Zakk Wylde set - £50
LTD B-305 - £225
Boss HM-2 - £15

thread revived*

i got a Pork Pie Little Squealer Maple Snare Drum
boss ns-2 w/ power supply
cheap paiste slash with stand
cheap paiste hi-hats with stand

all for 80$

bought an apple gift card for like 550 with 800 on it

bought a refurb'd black macbook

traded for a buddah Superdrive II w/ BBE boost and monster cable.

Sold both for 1600.

New blem'd jackson RR24 for 500