the best/most realistic amp sims for you?

Distorted guitars: TSE 808 tubescreamer sim -> TSE X50 5150 sim -> voxengo boogex to load IRs

I like various Mesa 4x12 IRs.... catharsis, lolzgreg, guitarhack, god's cab, etc.

I only use that chain for monitoring to track DIs, but it sounds pretty damn good for what it is... better than the Axe-FX Ultra/II for anything distorted, IMO...

Bass: Ampeg SVX, sometimes using the TSE 808 tubescreamer as a boost, sometimes not.

Clean Guitars: Amplitude Fender, using the Fender Twin amp sim. Just the DI with compression, reverb, and delay is also pretty nice. PODFarm is good too. I like to use Soundtoys' Echoboy and Crystallizer for delay and special effects. You can do the crazy ambient Axe-FX kind of effects with just a DI, compression, and Crystallizer. Sounds damn good.

hey what settings do you guys like for lecto?
and do you use ts808 in front?

Do I smell a preset hunter? :)
Seriously you got a lot of suggestions and input. Just spend some time and try it out for yourself now.
Learning to be an audio engineer just takes a lot of time, and today its much easier with all the cool plugins. But you still need to invest time to develop your ear and find out what sounds works for the specific situation you have.

I use real TS -> into audio interface to boost Lecto (red - modern) -> voxengo boogex with some orange 412 and (or) mesa 412 IR's

Yeah! It seems that BTE TS Secret is more real than tse808 imho. Any opinions?

i bounce between these two quite a bit. they are definitely the best of the crop. it really depends on the song which one i choose. i find subtle differences between them.

as for ampsims, i really dig LePou's Hybrit and lately been digging AcmeBarGig's Pecker Head.. love the name!

http://www.acmebargig.com/product/pecker-head/