The Best Non-metal Album of The Year

...and you all forgot Green Carnation - The acoustic verses!
not only best non metal, but best album overall..

other ones, as stated earlier.. tool, Mars Volta..
Is Dredg - Catch without arms from this year, or was it -05?

novembre(hard line to tell with them too)

there is a ton of great non metal cds way more than metal this year.

Well I would never call the new Nobembre cd non-metal. Even though they've dropped the amount of death metal vox they still have some and that's it. And I don't think a non-metal album could consist of double bass drumming, especially if it's a dominating element in some songs? Definitely metal all the way.

Tenhi - Maaäet
Isis - In the absence of truth
Anekdoten - Gravity

Hmmm ... can't decide to take only one as they're pretty different:

- Backyard Babies: People Like People Like People Like Us :loco:
- Elane: Lore Of Nén
- Letzte Instanz: Ins Licht

Divatkreació;5722124 said:
Well I would never call the new Nobembre cd non-metal. Even though they've dropped the amount of death metal vox they still have some and that's it. And I don't think a non-metal album could consist of double bass drumming, especially if it's a dominating element in some songs? Definitely metal all the way.

Tenhi - Maaäet
Isis - In the absence of truth
Anekdoten - Gravity

I thought Anekdoten was 2005? Great album btw, such an underrated band.

we get it...Markus is åsome:headbang:
but I'll shut up because I haven't heard anything by Elane that's not on myspace or their site...from what i heard...me likey:worship:
No... actually Markus is the one who spoils the whole CD a bit... :erk: Any Elane-song you hear... if you think "this was strange" or "someone doesn't hit a note" ... that's Mr. Unicorn for sure! :D
I mean... I know it seems strange if I'm always praising the bands & songs & skills of a good friend [< and nothing more... :p ]... but do you wanna know why I got to know Markus? Because his fuckin' music rockz! :cool:

And I tell Markus to send you some flowers for not downloading it somewhere :loco: :cool: