The Best Non-metal Album of The Year

well I am a compulsive downloader...but I usually buy most of the stuff later when I can afford...just so happened that one of my friends was sent to frankfurt on some business from work for 4 days so he asked me if I wanted anything from germany...so I asked him to get Falland Vörandi if he sees it
and he did...so I've been enjoying me some quality deutsche schwarz Metall

and I always buy stuff from bands or people who I personally know on some level

Tool will ALWAYS be a metal band in my mind. Yes their sound also consists of some prog, alternative, rock, etc. But during all the times I've listened to them I've never once thought that they're a non-metal band.

As for the best non-metal album this year, my vote goes to Jeremy Enigk - World Waits or Tenhi's Maaaet. Green Carnation's Acoustic Verses would also be mentioned, but since they normally are a metal band I don't think they truly belong in this thread.

I saw jeremy live with cursive. He's a one man show, I tells ya.
:headbang:

p.s. check out new cursive

I appreciate the recommendation, but I gotta say after listening to some samples off Amazon.com Cursive is awful! Way too happy, poppy, and campy for my tastes. Sorry.

team sleep that would be my choice,best stuff i have ever used to fall asleep..ZzzzZzZZz

I appreciate the recommendation, but I gotta say after listening to some samples off Amazon.com Cursive is awful! Way too happy, poppy, and campy for my tastes. Sorry.

The cd is a concept about a bible belt town and the lyrical content is very very dark. Campy they are not. Doesn't seem you look very far into things. Your loss. :Smug:

I've got the Harmaa record. It's recommended from me aswell. The lyrics are amazing don't you think? They're translated into english on the sleeve. But to be honest this thread has reminded me that I haven't heard all that much from this year.