The best tone in one head!

MrFigther

New Metal Member
Jan 10, 2014
Hi! I'm new here and I'm looking buy a new head. I love the rock modern, hard rock, rock/metal. I want a head that can give me:

In the clean channel: much headroom (I not like rupture in a clean channel) and good tone.

In distortion: a good distortion, a sound articulate, with much definition in the tone and when I do a open chord (love this) , much low end, and a fluid sound not mired like a soldano SLO and a good tone of course.

I not need this head to play in home, I have a head to this (play in my home), I need a head to play in big concerts (1500-2000 persons).

My current gear is:

-PRS Custom 24 made in USA.
-Mesa Boogie Rectifier Traditional 4x12" with v30.
-Some Pedals.

For this reason, I need a head that combine with my gear and my needs.

My budget is of 1100$ USD. I think buy this in USA (via online), but I not live in USA, I not can test the amp. I not want a used head, only want heads in new condition or mint condition.

With all this, what head you recommend me? :)

If you need more information to that you can answer me better, no doubt in ask ;)

Most either love them or hate them, but I really like the Laney GH100L heads. They can get into some good metal territory, but still have some great cleans when set up right. Usually can be picked up cheap, too.

Hi! I'm new here and I'm looking buy a new head. I love the rock modern, hard rock, rock/metal. I want a head that can give me:

In the clean channel: much headroom (I not like rupture in a clean channel) and good tone.

In distortion: a good distortion, a sound articulate, with much definition in the tone and when I do a open chord (love this) , much low end, and a fluid sound not mired like a soldano SLO and a good tone of course.

I not need this head to play in home, I have a head to this (play in my home), I need a head to play in big concerts (1500-2000 persons).

My current gear is:

-PRS Custom 24 made in USA.

-Mesa Boogie Rectifier Traditional 4x12" with v30.

-Some Pedals.

For this reason, I need a head that combine with my gear and my needs.

My budget is of 1100$ USD. I think buy this in USA (via online), but I not live in USA, I not can test the amp. I not want a used head, only want heads in new condition or mint condition.

With all this, what head you recommend me? :)

If you need more information to that you can answer me better, no doubt in ask ;)

Check out blackstar amps.

Hey MrFigther. This is Josh from In the Silence. I was looking for more or less the exact same things as you in an amp! Clean head room was really important, because we use a lot of very clean tones, with reverb and delay. For distortion I didn't want to compromise either. I ended up getting a Mesa Dual Rec Roadster head. If you can find one for $1100 get it. It's got 4 customizable channels and all the tone you could ask for. If you can't find one, the older Dual Rectifier Rectoverbs are awesome! Another good choice would be some of the Blackstar amps that are available, but make sure to find one with 6l6's if you want the more "modern" sound. The El34's will have more of the old Marshall "Brit" sound.