The best tone in one head!

MrFigther

New Metal Member
Jan 10, 2014
Hi! I'm new here and I'm looking buy a new head. I love the rock modern, hard rock, rock/metal. I want a head that can give me:

In the clean channel: much headroom (I not like rupture in a clean channel) and good tone.

In distortion: a good distortion, a sound articulate, with much definition in the tone and when I do a open chord (love this) , much low end, and a fluid sound not mired like a soldano SLO and a good tone of course.

I not need this head to play in home, I have a head to this (play in my home), I need a head to play in big concerts (1500-2000 persons).

My current gear is:

-PRS Custom 24 made in USA.
-Mesa Boogie Rectifier Traditional 4x12" with v30.
-Some Pedals.

For this reason, I need a head that combine with my gear and my needs.

My budget is of 1100$ USD. I think buy this in USA (via online), but I not live in USA, I not can test the amp. I not want a used head, only want heads in new condition or mint condition.

With all this, what head you recommend me? :)

If you need more information to that you can answer me better, no doubt in ask ;)

Well, the options that I can buy are:

-The new Schecter HR 100 Stage.
-Peavey 6505 normal no plus.
-Peavey 3120.
-Blackstar HT 100 Metal (New version).
-Laney Ironheart 120 watts.

What can say me?

Mesa Mark IV!!

+2. I was gonna say Mark V but it's a bit out of your price range. You could save up a bit more and maybe get a used one for $1600 if you search well enough.

Mark IV would definitely fit the bill though.

Seriously, someone buy that IV in the link I posted above! $810 and 8 hours left, that's a crazy deal to be honest!!

But yeah, for hard/modern even 70's rock, the IV can get there easily.

The problem guys is that I not live in USA, I think buy this in USA, yes, but, I'm not live in USA, I live in Venezuela and I not want something used if I not can see this personally. Something used, no, because I think buy this in Amazon (Gearnuts) and of there in Miami they ship me this to Venezuela.

For this reason, I need buy something in a new condition or mint condition. See? and the options are:

Peavey 6505 normal version.
EVH 5150 III 50 watts version not of 100 watts.
Peavey 3120 120watts.
Laney Ironheart.
Blackstar HT 100 Metal (New version for this year)
Orange TH30
Schecter Hellraiser 100 Stage.