The Bitch about Ticketmaster thread

As a consumer, given all the choices there are in the ticketing space, I feel that Ticketmaster is a great value for the money. When they charge me $8.50 in convenience fees, I smile and say "thank you, Ticketmaster, that was so fucking convenient!"

As for charging you to print your own ticket - well there's these things called Internets, which is basically a lot of computers hooked up to a lot of tubes, going to bigger computers with bigger tapes than the tapes you and I have at home (and some bigger tubes.) It costs them money to send you your ticket over the tubes of the Internets, so they pass that cost on to you so they can hope to break even since they've already given you such a great deal on your tickets.

</truthiness>

:lol:

Yeah I could probably take a day off work and drive down but I shouldn't have to do that, ya know?

I guess that's why they call it a convince charge. My fiance was WISHING for ticktemaster today trying to buy Smashing Pumpkins tickets from ticketweb.com. They were too small to handle the sales and the server crashed, thereby losing their deal with the venue, who has now switched to ticketmaster. She ended up spending all day hitting refresh in vain. haha.

I usually try to buy from a record store or some other place selling tickets since in my experience tend to only add one or two dollars on top of the normal ticket price.

I just bought a ticket last week for Emperor in Chicago from Ticketmaster though...

Ticket: $49
Building Facility Charge: $1
Convenience Charge: $7.50
Order Processing Fee: $5.05 (.05???)
Additional Taxes: $0.30

The fees are almost 1/3 of the what the ticket cost!

It's screwed up they actually charge you to print your own tickets though. I've only done that once as with free shipping I'll take the normal ticket, I like to keep the stubs anyways.