The Black Dahlia Murder "New Record"

IMO every song by them sounds pretty much the same. I have not heard Unhallowed as much as Miasma but from what I can tell it was fairly generic. I'll give the new one a shot though.

ha thats because the band had some disagreements with him, plus would a band actually say "oh yeah actually our old drummer was way better" umm no, so of course they would say that the new guy is much better.

i figure that because the drumming on unhallowed is more technical and in my opinion just sounds better with the songs. not that the zach dude isn't good but i like the drumming on unhallowed better

ha thats because the band had some disagreements with him, plus would a band actually say "oh yeah actually our old drummer was way better" umm no, so of course they would say that the new guy is much better.

There's a big difference between saying he's worse, and saying he's much better. They could have said he's better, as good, or even not mentioned it at all. However, the band was probably trying to sell the new guy to the public, so I guess it does make sense. Regardless, I personally liked the drumming on Miasma quite a lot more then on Unhallowed, but I enjoy both CDs.

No contest - Zach is a way better drummer than the guy on Unhallowed, and he was actually held back in BDM. The dude has one of the loudest gravity blasts I've ever heard.

FWIW, the only thing beatcorrected at all were the kicks on during the outro, on Miasma.

Apparently (don't want to start rumors) the reason he was kicked out from both BDM and AW(before returning) because he was a slacker made excuse not to play. But he was the better drummer, i prefer him in "Abigail Williams" though

No contest - Zach is a way better drummer than the guy on Unhallowed, and he was actually held back in BDM. The dude has one of the loudest gravity blasts I've ever heard.

FWIW, the only thing beatcorrected at all were the kicks on during the outro, on Miasma.

Not true.. Theres plenty of drum edits on the record.. It wasnt beat detected to a grid but any parts that felt loose were tightened up to the click.. Not to take anything away from Zach.. he's a total badass on the drums.

Not true.. Theres plenty of drum edits on the record.. It wasnt beat detected to a grid but any parts that felt loose were tightened up to the click.. Not to take anything away from Zach.. he's a total badass on the drums.

Ah - thanks for the correction. I knew I was probably off, but I remember Zach saying that nothing but the outro was beat detected, for some reason.

Apparently (don't want to start rumors) the reason he was kicked out from both BDM and AW(before returning) because he was a slacker made excuse not to play. But he was the better drummer, i prefer him in "Abigail Williams" though

We never actually kicked him out of the band. It was really just a situation that was left hanging and when he decided he was down to do it again we were more then happy to have him again.

Also I may have said some things in the past about him possibly making excuses for wanting to leave that UK tour early but it was purely speculation on my end. I was really pissed that we had to bail on a tour and I was also the only one in the band left stuck in the UK for a month after everyone went home. Rumors got back to me etc... I didn’t even talk to him until months after that happened but when I finally did he assured me he really was injured and since we are friends I trust his word.

I did some edits on the “Legend” ep that Zach drummed on but not as many as you would think. He had that shit down pretty tight and even played one of the songs in one take, which we were pretty stoked about. The song watchtower was obviously programmed but we do have a version with him playing it but we just didn’t have time to finish the recording due to compliations so used the older demo version since that ep was originally supposed to be a tour only thing.

Wow, I'm confused...I just read in the new Revolver that Shannon something or other (ex-All That Remains) is the new BDM drummer. Shannon played on ATR's latest CD. So, are you guys talking about Zach is the drummer who left BDM, or the guy on Unhallowed...And, is Zach back in AW after leaving BDM recently?

So confused...

I'd say Zach was better than the Unhallowed drummer no doubt and anyone who's seen him play in Abigail Williams will tell you he probably held back a bit on Miasma. Watching him every night was awesome, no mistakes n' perfect gravity blasts!

Sucks you guys left that tour though Ken! Although at least my mum got to cook you all some eggs and you tried Shreddies

I'd be interested to hear a Suecof mix of BDM though

I'd say Zach was better than the Unhallowed drummer no doubt and anyone who's seen him play in Abigail Williams will tell you he probably held back a bit on Miasma. Watching him every night was awesome, no mistakes n' perfect gravity blasts!

Sucks you guys left that tour though Ken! Although at least my mum got to cook you all some eggs and you tried Shreddies

I'd be interested to hear a Suecof mix of BDM though

ah yes shreddies, the secret to your abilities. send me some ha