The changing face of Norwegian Black Metal

Originally posted by phyre
OMG. Don't get the new Mayhem. All preconceptions about what Mayhem should be aside, it's just such an utter pile of über-pretentious fetid crap the rest of "Mayhem" should be stabbed by Varg too for even releasing it.

:lol: My opinion on the album differs from yours, but I'll give you credit for this little patch of 'dark' humour....

Originally posted by Dionysos
WTF?????????
KHOLD......... a "good example"?????
I think it's most boring and yawnning music I have listened to the last years..... and btw thier music is nothing different from Tulus....

Tulus was great band, but Khold is fucking boring crap... :mad:

Originally posted by phyre
The best thing about Khold is how the bass is actually audible. More black metal bands should do that.
YEAH!!!!!!!!! Carpathian Forest!!!!!!!!!
The toes that you step on today may be connected to the ass you'll be kissing tomorrow:headbang:

"Ravishing" is boring too... "Plaguewielder" is better, but there isn't old Darkthrone... and don't compare DT and Khold, because there's another music... if you tell me about similarity, i think you're deaf. where's this similarity?

Originally posted by Eldzik

Tulus was great band, but Khold is fucking boring crap...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, you think Khold is boring. The sound of "Phantom" album, remind me some times to "Ravishing Grimness" and "Plaguewielder" of Darkthrone, what do you think about these albums?

Any time I talk about old Darkthrone...

I think the true essence of True Norwegian black metal died after 94-95. It's normal for a musician to want to evolved but when it's evolving to something that has been done before and just for money it sucks! I think it was about time Emperor stop, Mayhem should do the same. The best vocalist in my opinion was dead...

Immortal desapointed me with "Damned in black" but they came back to life with "sons of the northen darkness" The few left that still have the primitive atmosphere is Taake, Carpethian Forest.

I wish Fenriz would make another Isengard album and Satyr a new Wongraven too *sigh*

Actually, one of the things that I find interesting about black metal is how the majority of the old bands (ie Mayhem, Darkthrone, Immortal etc) have all pretty much evolved into music that is easier to listen to.

I can't think of many bands from the original era that have stayed pretty much the same or evolved in any way other than the commercial sounding path..... Not that it's necessarily a bad thing (or maybe it is?) but I thought it interesting nonetheless.

did you heard Armagedda from Sweden? there's is old Darkthrone clone... great band and their debut "The Final War Approaching" is the best true black metal album since mid 90...

The name rings a bell but I never heard their music. There is craft from sweden a mix between old darkthrone and old mayhem.

yesh, Craft and "Total Soul Rape" is great album, but Armagedda is much better

Basement of Terror - it's fucking underground label... nope, i don't heard Frozen Shadows... btw: what do you think about Funeral Mist and "Devilry" album?

Originally posted by Nattestid

On which label is Armagedda? have you ever hear the band Frozen shadows?

armagedda.jpg

Breath of Night Records

http://www.blackmetal.com/~mega/BoN/pics/armagedda.jpg

I´m not sure, but I think Merciless Rec. ditributed.