Celestial Season- Sonic Orb
Secret Discovery- Into the Void
Mogwai- Rock Action
Depeche Mode- Violator
Pink Floyd- The Wall
Nirvana- Nevermind, In Utero
Old Black Sabbath
My Dying Bride- Turn lose the swans

Some in my collection I consider real gems....

Darkseed - Diving Into Darkness.....this is awesome, don't ask, just listen. :p
Luca Turilli - Prophet of the Last Eclipse (or Rhapsody - Power of the Dragonflame, both are superb releases..epic symphonic power metal..ohh yes)
Dream Theater - Awake...this was always their best album for me, vibe is unbelievable and a very personal feeling for me..the instrumentation is like the ocean if the ocean were made of the night sky.
Plumb - candycoatedwaterdrops.... melancholy, joyful, emotional, atmospheric, rich, orchestral pop. Just have to hear it...
Queensrÿche - Rage for Order....Mindcrime is considered their greatest but I've always been partial to RfO......
Extol - Undecieved.......technical metal chaos mixed with a blend of death and thrash metal fury.
Gordian Knot - s/t.......THE instrumental album to beat in my opinion.....everything about it screams out that elusive "it" that some music is missing.
W.A.S.P. - The Crimson Idol...Not technically perfect as a concept....but the album is near flawless anyway. Extremely important album in my life, just like most of W.A.S.P.'s other albums..
Antimatter - Saviour...... what can I really say here, instant classic and I mean that.
Blind Guardian - Nightfall in Middle Earth...this one takes their addictive songwriting, epic atmosphere, everything that's good about their orchestral elements....and sticks you straight in the center of Middle Earth. Excellent excellent excellent.
Pink Floyd - Meddle (or Momentary Lapse of Reason).....Old-styled Floyd + inspired songwriting = :OMG:

I could just go on for days..

mindrime knocks the bollix out of RFO

in the woods- omino
thin lizzy- live and dangerous
misfits- both collections
cure -disintegration
nick dwake- way too blue comp

All the Tori Amos albums are classics (except for the latest one maybe).

And there's a Hungarian band from Slovakia, they're called Ghymes (www.ghymes.hu), their albums are also classics. Their style is a kind of a blend, traditional Hungarian folk music mixed with rock and other elements, but no clichés. It's just amazing what they do.

Orion Crystal Ice said:
Dream Theater - Awake...this was always their best album for me, vibe is unbelievable and a very personal feeling for me..the instrumentation is like the ocean if the ocean were made of the night sky.

youre 4lifing dream theater? :lol:

fucken right gorik.

gay.jpg

"Classics"

Type O negative "October rust"
Devin Townsend "Ocean Machine"
Strapping young lad "city"
The who "Tommy"
Tool "aenima"
Fear Factory "Demanufacture"
Cradle of filth "Dusk and her embrace"
Sepultura "roots"
Porcupine tree "In abstentia"
Metallica "Ride the lightning"
Morbid angel "Covenant"
Emperor "Anthems at the welkin at dusk"
Paradise Lost "One second"
Machine head "Burn my eyes"
Anathema "alternative 4"

and many more ;)

Bambi said:
october rust is a shite album i reckon, no decent songs or ideas really

Im not gay like Cerulean, so i keep on fighting.
October Rust is brilliant. Pull him out bambi.

yeah, rust is really good. 2 or 3 songs could be out though, it 'd be excellent then (which proves the rule that big length albums WILL have flaws).

sol83 said:
yeah, rust is really good. 2 or 3 songs could be out though, it 'd be excellent then (which proves the rule that big length albums WILL have flaws).
yeah. dunno which one(s) you would leave out except the jokes of course
well..... well i should not know which one to leave out. Maybe you would take Burnt Fallen Flowers out. But its a really great song. But you can only get through it after listening to it many times.
Well Haunted is too long. Its endless. but good enough. Maybe Cinnamon Girl. Though its a cool version. and My gf gf is well maybe one of the weaker tracks on it (strange enough)

i like the girlfriend song. really catchy riffing in that one, not so typical type 0 of course. be my druidess, i don't really like and wolf moon maybe. the best is deffo die with me. really good stuff.

by the way, what other album do you suggest? they only have like 3 more, right?

1) "Slow, deep and hard" - Trashcore, punk mixed with gothic metal
2) "The origin of the feces" - False live album with covers
3) "Bloody kisses" - The beginning of today's Type O, with more Gothic songs ("death in the family", "black n°1", "Christian woman"), and still some trashcore tracks ("kill all the white people")
4) "October rust" - You know everything about it! It's fuckin' ace!
5) "World coming down" - The most depressive one
6) COMING SOON!!! "Life is killing me", due in June or July 2003!!! :headbang:

Thortyir said:
1) "Slow, deep and hard" - Trashcore, punk mixed with gothic metal
2) "The origin of the feces" - False live album with covers
3) "Bloody kisses" - The beginning of today's Type O, with more Gothic songs ("death in the family", "black n°1", "Christian woman" ), and still some trashcore tracks ("kill all the white people" )
4) "October rust" - You know everything about it! It's fuckin' ace!
5) "World coming down" - The most depressive one
6) COMING SOON!!! "Life is killing me", due in June or July 2003!!! !:headbang:

haha that 'false' live album. Peter would really like that, that you decribed is as that :lol:

@ Sol: well I guess you have to choose between BK and WCD. the first two are not really worth the effort. Perhaps you should go for Bloosy Kisses because its quite a classic. And WCD is in the same mood as OR but yeah the songs are not as strong. but still really good. here ya go

Pink Floyd - The Wall
In The Woods... - Omnio
Anathema - Alternative 4
Naervaer - Skiftninger
MDB - Turn Loose the Swans
Solefald - Linear Scaffold
Current 93 - Thunder Perfect Mind
Tiamat - Wildhoney

Could be classics if i like em as much as now after another 10 years:
Lacrimosa - Elodia
Neurosis - Sun that never sets
Empyrium - Weiland
Kemet - Dying With Elegance
Clint Mansell / Kronos Quartet - Soundtrack for Requiem for a dream
Green Carnation - Light of day, day of Darkness (the one hour song)

Probably some other too, of which i can't think at the moment (some classic then eh? :D )

I like the wolfmoon song and a couple others and thats it...the rest of it is style over substance, all fur coat and no knickers