the ultimate KISS compilation??

hahah yes! I saw the actual album..robert has a very nice mullet. He actually looks really out of place next to the other guys with their massive hair and glam outfits and him looking like hes from an 80s pop band haha!

"Slave to the Grind" is one of THE great albums of our time. I listened to it non-stop when it first came out. I bet Troops ran around in his nappy air-guitaring to his favourite tunes too :)

Another addition to the Maiden Downunder drinking game:

If Troops uses the term 'pop-metal' have a drink.

Hahaha I was actually 8 when that came out, running around air guitaring to Bon Jovi and Guns N Roses at the time but not Skid Row yet lol.

I hardly ever use the term p*p-m*t*l. ;)

Well I probably do use it alot for that hahaha, but that's coz its what it is! It's like if I was talking about Peace Sells I'd say "What a great thrash album!" so for that I say what a great pop-metal album haha.

Ooh there's a drink haha.

Apologies for my lateness, gents. I've only just found the thread!

Now then Blitzy, Alive is without question the greatest live album ever. II and III are both too polished and overdubbed for my liking, even though they have some good material and performances. Alive I might also be guilty of that as well, but at least it sounds raw.

In terms of studio compilations, if you can spare $100 + then go for the box set. It's the only one that covers all eras of KISStory.
Failing that, pick up Greatest KISS (1996- but be sure to get the Australian pressing) or the new Very Best Of that's coming out this month.

Double Platinum (1978) and Smashes Thrashes & Hits (1988) both have a few too many crap-sounding remixes, whereas Greatest and the Very Best Of have the original versions of all tracks. S, T & H is also in dire need of remastering, as is Killers (import only- 1982).

W

How long was the actual show? Cos the video has songs that aren't on the CD, so how many songs weren't on the video?

I guess that was one of the last shows by the Simmons-Stanley-Kulick-Singer lineup, yeah? If not *the* last show?

The unreleased tracks are:

Got to Choose (this one's on the video, the Japanese CD release and the box set)
God of Thunder
C'mon and Love Me
Hard Luck Woman
Spit
Heaven's on Fire
Louie Louie (30 second jam)

Add in all those, plus assorted false starts and stage banter and it's almost a two hour show. There are some good quality bootlegs of the whole thing around if you care to look.

W

Originally posted by spawn
get A3 first, the songs sound way better with something closer to todays production/distortion etc. :D

3 words - ERIC F'KING SINGER! :headbang:

(Actually that's one word and two names plus a little :headbang: icon thingy added for good measure, but I'm sure you get the point..)

Originally posted by Wrathchild
The unreleased tracks are:

Got to Choose (this one's on the video, the Japanese CD release and the box set)
God of Thunder
C'mon and Love Me
Hard Luck Woman
Spit
Heaven's on Fire
Louie Louie (30 second jam)

Add in all those, plus assorted false starts and stage banter and it's almost a two hour show. There are some good quality bootlegs of the whole thing around if you care to look.

W

Exciting! I love that concert/album/vid.