the clean start in My Twin

myownsilence

The Influenced
Jan 10, 2007
www.myspace.com
Anyone who has seen my bizare posts knows Im a mad hobbyest sound engineer, and this album has tought me a lot! (believe it or not I am actually doing a lot better with my sound now because of it).

One interesting area is the clean intro to my twin. It sounds quite interesting as there appear to be 2 guitars one plying the low note and another the higher notes with a synth style effect.

Just before I sign of to reference my last posts I have nailed a lot of the sound in my recordings, I have found the trick is in your recording software is to look at cutting certain frequencies - specially if you want them to sound tight and punch through.

i would say there is two guitars in the intro.
if you listen to it you can hear both of them.
Katatonia mixed it so it would probablly just sound like one.

Tell me where you hear the second guitar then. I mean in the clean guitar, I'm not talking about the high feedback of course.
I listened to it a lot on my expensive headphones now and I still don't see why one should think there's two guitars there.
The low note doesn't sound like it has different effects or anything than the high notes.
The only thing I could think about is that the panning doesn't sound exactly the same, but still I think it's played by one guitar.