the 'cough' on the moor

Morgour

Knight of Gondor
Nov 6, 2002
mercia
Visit site
that one that mikeal talks about hearing when they were recording and he says you can hear it on the moor, i was just wondering if any of you have heard it and could tell me in which part of the song it is.

yup, its at around the 10.08 mark, listen closely and youll hear it. It sounds more like a breath than a cough, very eerie though when you're not expecting it and you're listening to it on earphones really closely.

Bleakest Harvest said:
yup, its at around the 10.08 mark, listen closely and youll hear it. It sounds more like a breath than a cough, very eerie though when you're not expecting it and you're listening to it on earphones really closely.

doesn't he just whisper "Melinda ..." :rolleyes:

I just had a great idea. From now on, every single piece of Opeth merchandise released will come with an explantion of the cough on the Moor and what time it can be found at. For instance, a bumper sticker reads, "Opeth. And btw, the cough on the Moor can be found at 10.08 and really sounds like a breath." A Deliverance t-shirt, "Opeth. Deliverance. And btw, the cough on the Moor can be found at 10.08 and really sounds like a breath." New cd covers, flags, concert headliners, tattoos of Opeth, etc.

A new day is upon us. A day in which no one will ask what the cough on the Moor is! MWUHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Oh yeah, we're all so cool and we already know EVERYTHING there is to know about Opeth, so we'll act like pricks to people who ask questions out of curiosity... because, you see, it's not a legit question simply because WE have heard it a million times before. So that means we can make fun of anyone who asks it. Because we're so knowledgable. For fuck's sake, people, be civil.

Maybe instead of turning on the Pretension Ray and being jerkasses, we should just have a few people compile a FAQ, sticky it at the top of the forums, and have new members to the board read it. Just an idea.