the crossover period of thrash and hardcore

May 10, 2003
fairfield,ct usa
so what are your views on this period of american underground music in the mid 80's? i think bands like the cro mags and suicidal tendencies were great but a lot of the hardcore bands such as agnostic front really sucked during this era.

S.O.D. started the crossover in 1985 "Speak English Or Die"

D.R.I. rules too! (i lose, you win, i lose, you win, i lose, you win) Five Year Plan

I love the Cro-Mags and their brand of metal/hardcore. Anyone seen that We Gotta Know video by them? Their singer looks pretty :loco: if you know what I mean.

Actually, Agnostic Front's crossover stuff from Cause For Alarm was pretty good. But it wasn't very metallic, thy just added some double bass.

Liberty And Justice For All was also good.

Agnostc front now isn't that good, though.

The Crumbsuckers, Gang Green & Ludichrist were good crossover bands.

Who gave you permission to make this post ? >:p~

Man that is tough. I'm not big into hardcore, but I love late 80's thrash. So many bands were on the border. Suicidal Tendencies etc.

Bryant

Thrashard said:
S.O.D. started the crossover in 1985 "Speak English Or Die"

D.R.I. rules too! (i lose, you win, i lose, you win, i lose, you win) Five Year Plan
Fuck that, Venom's first album sounded more punk than metal. Bands like Amebix, Broken Bones, Discharge, and Antisect were playing punk with a lot of metal influences way before S.O.D. Maybe 1985 was when punk crept into metal, but punk bands were adding metal elements way before that.