The Crow, The Owl and The Dove CDS & video contest

Wtf is with some of these videos.

1) Dead trees? Wtf is this? A black metal video? Nice shot of a bench too, so deep...not really.

2) Typical cover you see on Youtube. Good playing but not video worthy.

3) Again, wtf is this? Weird effects on the camera, fast forwarding shit, etc. Doesn't make stuff deep. Emo weirdness that I don't get.

4) Nice memorabilia, missed the point completely though.

I swear videos #1 and #3 disabled comments just so people like me can't troll them. I'll look around youtube later and see if I come across anything I actually like, you'd figure there has to be at least a few good ones. If not, maybe I can record myself listening to Nightwish while chain smoking and scratching myself. See if that wins.

^That sounds like the best video concept so far! :lol:

Hauta: That's actually Troy singing that part, and Desi posted a translation over in the "Lyrics and Friendly Debate" thread. I believe the lyric is in old Welsh.

OK, so I just looked in that thread and the translation isn't there. So I'm thinking it's on the "Misheard Lyrics" thread, since Tramz made a comment about that line sounding like something else.

The Heart Asks Pleasure first was officially released today in Finland! (It's on youtube if you search!) To be able to finally hear it is amazing!!!!!! I tried to learn this song on the piano 2 years ago and gave up half way through.. I'm pissed I never finished.

Love it! So thrilled to finally hear it!

That's right; it's already March 1st in Finland! Oh, I have to hear this before I go to bed...thanks Desi!!!
free-happy-smileys-302.gif

Edit: OK, nearly 2 hours later, and I must have listened to this and the instrumental version each, nonstop. This song was SO worth the wait! It's just too bad it couldn't have been released when it was actually recorded back in DPP days...this might have proven the Anette naysayers wrong all the sooner. :lol:

Btw, does anyone know why there's, like, a minute of silence at the end of the song? Is that supposed to be there, or is that just the way it was hosted on YouTube? Or is there something more to the song that I just can't hear on my crappy laptop speakers? ;)

So much for going to bed early, but now my dreams can be filled with new music!
offtobed.gif

free-cute-smileys-273.gif

Got my copy yesterday from a local record store - mainly for The Heart etc., I'm not that much into the bird song. Let's just say I find the 3.5 euros very well spent on this one song.

Btw, does anyone know why there's, like, a minute of silence at the end of the song? Is that supposed to be there, or is that just the way it was hosted on YouTube? Or is there something more to the song that I just can't hear on my crappy laptop speakers? ;)

That's just how it was uploaded on youtube for some reason. The copy I have is only 4:20 - the song is over after the beautiful violin.

Alright, I surrender. -_- My city video is going to be in chibi by necessity. Dammit.

I got my pre order of the single and that awesome piano tshirt today.. I'll have to take a picture sometime soon and add it here! I really wanted that piano shirt and I'm glad I got it. :)

Yes, share the pictures, because not a lot of the Imaginaerum shirts have been wowing me yet (except for the Dancer's shirt, of course). The gramaphone shirt looks cool, but the rest of them...well, for such a "spectacular" theme that the movie has promised to be, I have been expecting a lot more artistically from the shirts. Hopefully they will look better as the film gets closer to release and more things can be revealed. ;)

Bumping up this post to remind everyone that tomorrow (April 10th) is the deadline for the contest, so if any of you out there haven't sent in your entries yet, get to it! ;)

The link again in case anyone needs it:
http://www.nuclearblast.de/en/lp/nightwish-video-contest.html

Or, if you want to help a fellow OSAer, give some Likes to our friend Afshin Effati (click on the direct link to get to the page so you can vote):
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xIPq65g6qw&list=PL3264E2DD61D8FD4E&index=4&feature=plpp_video[/ame]

Good luck to everyone and congrats in advance to the winners! :D

I never did get mine done. :( The whole month of March was an ungodly horror: Hospital stays for Grandma, Macular Degeneration for Grandpa, and a Crohn's flare up for me. And today when I was hoping to go for a quick, nice walk and then cramming to finish my video, my retard neighbor was burning every piece of trash in the whole town. :bah: The smoke was blowing across my whole driveway from top to bottom, I live on a hill, so there was no way around it. And I have low sugar, so I couldn't wait it out as I had gone too long without a snack as it was. So I took a deep breath and ran through it - and up my long, 30 degree angled driveway. I made it to my porch, vomited, and passed out. ...I just got back from the hospital. Evidently some people don't realize that certain things should not be inhaled and therefore should not be thrown into the air via being burned. The ambulance that Grandpa called had to drive at like 1/2 a mile an hour just to get up my driveway because that noxious black smoke was so damned thick that they couldn't even see. :bah: I still feel ill, stupid bastards... :bah: My video wouldn't have been that good anyway, but still, I at least wanted to finish it. On the plus side, now I can stop stressing about that and just stress about everything else. :yuk:

^ Grandma is in a nursing home now, or as I call it the geezer prison. But then, criminals get better treatment than a nursing home gives... :bah: Grandpa is more annoyed than anything in regards to his eye. I'm still feeling a bit wobbly, but better. Thanks. And I've had a comic in my mind for a while which involves Nightwish, so I'm going to start working on it finally I think. I'll link it here first once it's on my Deviant art. I think OSA will be a bit more diplomatic in terms of critiquing it than the regular forum. :p

Sorry about your grandma! :( This happened to mine 2 years ago..

Guys, I love love love this one!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOMx7J2oXis&feature=g-all-u&context=G21ae3d0FAAAAAAAABAA[/ame]